Any women out there who've tried the Flat Belly Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Not a single one of you has told me ANYTHING new or anything I didn't already know. Not a single one of you has tried the Flat Belly Diet, which is what I asked about. Boy, ask a question and get everyone's opinions! Don't bother with any more of them, I'm closing this topic.

You sound stressed to me.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Not a single one of you has told me ANYTHING new or anything I didn't already know. Not a single one of you has tried the Flat Belly Diet, which is what I asked about. Boy, ask a question and get everyone's opinions! Don't bother with any more of them, I'm closing this topic.

lol this is a public forum People can respond.
    If you dont like the answers that is up to you.

People try to advice and help

But your life, your journey Like i said before good luck if you like it.
    Only there is nothing magical about the diet and it wont spot reduce......like i showed you in my losing inches ( and my belly without a fad diet.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

What can you possibly know that makes this diet any different from any other gimmick?

If there is evidence anywhere that this is The One True Diet, the whole world would know about it.

• cmorton300
    cmorton300 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Zero Belly Fat plan focuses on reduction of visceral fat. This fat contributes to health issues (diabetes, Alzheimer's, IBS, heart disease, cancer, auto-immune disorders, etc.) that differs from subcutaneous fat. The diet lists the types of food to turn off the trigger that caused this type of belly fat. Since I suffer from auto-immune conditions, I might try it. Many of the foods are what you would eat to lose weight anyway. You do need to incorporate fiber, spices (cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne), bright fruit, green tea, lean meat, healthy fats, and you get a smoothie ever day (non whey). Once a week, you can choose a day to eat whatever you like so you don't feel deprived. There is also a cleanse week where you have your shakes for breakfast and lunch and have dinner consisting of protein, vegetables and healthy fats-no grains or fruit since carbs can convert to glucose and be stored as fat. No cheat day during cleanse week.
    Have you tried this plan? Was your firm belly fat (the kind that can't be pinched) reduced? Has your health improved?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi All, While I don't normally try fad diets, I've been considering the "Flat Belly Diet" by David Zincenko. Is there anyone out there who has tried it, or is currently on it, who can tell me if it's working for them? I'm particularly interested in comments from women because we all know men lose weight more easily!! Oh, and I know the plan uses protein shakes - any advice on that? I've read comments that the shakes, etc are expensive. But it might be worth it, at least for a month or two... Thanks! :)

Try Amazon to see if they have reviews. I'm sorry I have not tried it so I don't have any info to add on it. :/

I will say I watch carbs and sugar because those thing so don't work well with me. So I'd recommend watching the shakes to see if they have a lot of carbs and sugar. Shakes are notorious for that.

I hope you find what you are looking for <3
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello again, Thanks for all the input. To answer the questions, I am eating at a deficit, generally 1500-1600 per day. And I'm exercising. The reason I'm curious about the whole flat belly thing is because for me, that's where more of my extra weight has settled in the last 5 years. I haven't actually gained any weight since 2011. But I've been a big woman most of my life, and until 2009, I still had a waist. So I was wondering if there was any validity to the book claims. In any case, I've been on the waiting list for it at the library since March (not gonna waste a penny on it!). Guess I'll look it over and see if it makes any sense to me. Meantime, I'm staying the course on my own. Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it!

You can't spot reduce thru diet or exercise. No matter how many books, magazines, videos promote this as fact....it's bogus.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Hello again, Thanks for all the input. To answer the questions, I am eating at a deficit, generally 1500-1600 per day. And I'm exercising. The reason I'm curious about the whole flat belly thing is because for me, that's where more of my extra weight has settled in the last 5 years. I haven't actually gained any weight since 2011. But I've been a big woman most of my life, and until 2009, I still had a waist. So I was wondering if there was any validity to the book claims. In any case, I've been on the waiting list for it at the library since March (not gonna waste a penny on it!). Guess I'll look it over and see if it makes any sense to me. Meantime, I'm staying the course on my own. Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it!

These diets, i promise as i speak from experience, are ones that promote fast digestion soo it does seem your tummy is flatter.so do it for free! eat no processed sugar, no starchy carbs, no alcohol, no caffeine, low gi fruit and veggies and no more than 500 in an evening meal with two smaller (about 300cal) meals a day. it may not technically burn more fat but it will flatten that gut and give a confidence boost :) x
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Even if ONE person claimed that this worked for them.....that doesn't make it a fact.

People have body types. I'm a pear. If one person lost weight in the hips & thighs while using diet XX....that doesn't mean that same diet will produce the same results for me.

I've been at goal weight....and still a pear. No diet is ever going to give me skinny legs. That's why liposuction exists (in part anyway)....because there is no guarantee that diet YY will produce body ZZ.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    No diet can make you lose from the belly, other than would come from losing fat everywhere from a caloric deficit. It's just a marketing ploy.

Yep. Shameless marketing ploy. Whatever next? The Thigh Gap diet?

LOL!!!!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    cmorton300 wrote: »
    The Zero Belly Fat plan focuses on reduction of visceral fat. This fat contributes to health issues (diabetes, Alzheimer's, IBS, heart disease, cancer, auto-immune disorders, etc.) that differs from subcutaneous fat. The diet lists the types of food to turn off the trigger that caused this type of belly fat. Since I suffer from auto-immune conditions, I might try it. Many of the foods are what you would eat to lose weight anyway. You do need to incorporate fiber, spices (cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne), bright fruit, green tea, lean meat, healthy fats, and you get a smoothie ever day (non whey). Once a week, you can choose a day to eat whatever you like so you don't feel deprived. There is also a cleanse week where you have your shakes for breakfast and lunch and have dinner consisting of protein, vegetables and healthy fats-no grains or fruit since carbs can convert to glucose and be stored as fat. No cheat day during cleanse week.
    Have you tried this plan? Was your firm belly fat (the kind that can't be pinched) reduced? Has your health improved?

There is no combinaion of foods that can make you target specific types of fat.
    And the carbs being stored as fat myth has been beaten to death by now too.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    i can't believe how rude people are to people trying to help them! most ungrateful thing ive seen in a long time!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Fastbiceps wrote: »

Glad to hear from someone with some knowledge
    Don't say that too loud. Given the fate of many other people who know their stuff around here, I'm gonna have to fear for my life.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Fastbiceps wrote: »

Glad to hear from someone with some knowledge
    Don't say that too loud. Given the fate of many other people who know their stuff around here, I'm gonna have to fear for my life.

Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage!

Sorry, just pictured your avatar in jail. Couldn't help myself.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

The second a cleanse is brought up in a diet, kill it with fire.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    "What is CICo?" -I have to ask this too; never heard of it. Also, what is "MFP"?

CICO ... or in our case CI<CO ... Calories in < Calories Out.

MFP ... you're here. MyFitnessPal.

Flat belly ... almost, and all from using CI<CO and losing 50 lbs. :)

• eatrunsail
    eatrunsail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you may be confusing the Flat Belly Diet by Liz Vaccariello and Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD with the Zero Belly Diet by David Zinczenko. I am starting the Zero Belly Diet today. It is basically just whole real foods in a loosely structured program... no dairy to begin with.