Nutribullet

Options
I was thinking about buying a Nutribullet I had read so many good things about them. I was wondering if anyone uses them and has it helped your weight lose or is it just for getting extra fruit and veggies in. Thanks

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    Options
    Nooooo !

Get the nutrininja auto IQ.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love it. It helps for making great smoothies. What you put in those smoothies (how many calories you're consuming) determines if you'll lose weight or not.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    With smoothies, it can be really easy to drink more calories than you think. But it does help me get more fruit and veggies in.

I use a vitamix.
  • HeatherCarnes76
    HeatherCarnes76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had a nutribullet at one time...I liked it. I have the mega-Ninja now...I love that thing...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I use it for greens:
    8 oz soy milk, as much romaine lettuce as I can stuff in the container, three or four strawberries or 1/2 apple, and one table spoon hemp seeds.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Nooooo !

^ THIS!!! I was going to get the nutribullet until I started researching them and went with the ninja. It's a lot more flexible and powerful. I have had mine for a while now and use it for smoothies, shakes, food processing - I LOVE it!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    will not buy it.
    i like to eat my lettuce and my apples
    when I am older, and I have problems absorbing nutrition, then i might buy one
    i do not do smoothies since some are super high in sugar
    i have a $14 blender from walmart for my protein shakes

You can control the amount of sugar you put into them of course.
  • Fit4Evha
    Fit4Evha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Nitro 900...works great.
    I doesn't have to be for sweet smoothies. I like to mix up soups for a quick heat up. Make "V-8". It comes with great free info
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix. I use it to get my fruits, veggies, protein and fiber in, all the (hopefully) while staying under my calorie goal. I don't know how I'd fine tune my diet without it.

Note: blenders don't make you lose weight. What you put into them is the key.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »

Note: blenders don't make you lose weight. What you put into them is the key.

This. I can make high or low calorie things in my vitamix. Custard and milkshakes to low sugar smoothies or low fat soups. It's a tool, not a solution.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet! Its so much easier to clean up than a blender.
    I get a lot more fruits/veggies in since I bought it.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Love my Nutribullet. I use it for single serve smoothies and fruit slushes. I also use it to make nut milks and sauces. Works great, doesn't take up a lot of counter space, and is super easy to clean. I don't have any trouble getting veggies and fruits in without a blender, but it just gives me additional options. My Vitamix and my Nutribullet are my two favorite appliances.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just got a nutribullet the other day and I haven't stopped using it! I love it. I have an okay blender, but it was such a pain to clean when I was only using it for one serving. My nutribullet is perfect size for just me, and so far I've had no problems coming up with things to put in it!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ninja!
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like nutribullet, works great for my individual use. I don't add sugar to my smoothies and I only use one fruit, one vegetable, one carb and one protein in mine. I do a lot of things in the morning (ok, I spend a lot of time reading email and on the internet) so I appreciate being able to drink breakfast while I get dressed.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We make marinades, sauces, dips, purée vegetables and beans, make breadcrumbs and more in ours. It's been sitting on my kitchen counter for 4 years since we use it so often.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Nooooo !

This! Love my Ninja.

It's a great way to get in more fruit and veg (I'm a very lazy cook and only have to feed myself).

Be sure to track what's going into it though as the calories can add up. If you're eating at a calorie deficit overall then you will lose weight.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have one and I use it a lot. BUT... I don't think the quality is great. I'm pretty careful and rinse it and wash the plastic parts by hand, but the bottom is getting rusty and the locking mechanism on the base is going wonky. I've had it for a couple of years though.

That said, I love my smoothies.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have an old-fashioned (but not all that old) Oster blender. Glass and metal, no plastic. It's large, but the glass has tic-marks on it so you can still make individual shakes/smoothies/what have you. Greek yogurt, frozen fruit (no need to add ice then!) and *maybe& a splash of milk and some protein powder. Yum!