I'm back...again

Day one...again

Replies

• changeNeeded87
    changeNeeded87 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm day 7... but this is definitely one of many restarts. Hopefully it sticks for both of us this time!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Welcome back. Good luck!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    I think I've restarted a million times!!! LOL Thankfully, there's no limit on the number of times you can restart! Welcome back!!
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Me too. Back after 2 years and +20 lbs. At least we came back! :-)
  • mtessierkay
    mtessierkay Posts: 2 Member
    Back after a couple months where I gained almost all the weight back. :( Really looking to stick with it this time!
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Make 1 maybe 2 changes per week and that's it. You'll know that instant overhauls aren't very successful in terms of longevity. Things like, I'm going to drink 3L water per day and also try to hit 10k steps a day. Then the next week commit to trying to include a protein source at every meal, as an example. Small bite size steps make one big overall lifestyle change
  • opaleli43
    opaleli43 Posts: 16 Member
    Back in the game! I tried MyFitnessPal a couple of years ago and lost about 10lbs. I gained those back and another 10. Yesterday, I found an old Jane Fonda VHS I had used to shape up and loose 20 lbs some 20+ years ago. I found a streaming version online as we no longer have the VHS player. I tried it out and am hideously out of shape,. Almost as bad as the outfits. But I felt like "I CAN DO THIS!" It was exhilarating. I tried walking. I tried counting steps. It wasn't working. I was binge eating and hiding food from kids. I am going back to old school. 1200 cals and straight exercise. I am going to aim for 2 weeks before I get on the scale again. Wish me luck!
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    opaleli43 wrote: »
    Back in the game! I tried MyFitnessPal a couple of years ago and lost about 10lbs. I gained those back and another 10. Yesterday, I found an old Jane Fonda VHS I had used to shape up and loose 20 lbs some 20+ years ago. I found a streaming version online as we no longer have the VHS player. I tried it out and am hideously out of shape,. Almost as bad as the outfits. But I felt like "I CAN DO THIS!" It was exhilarating. I tried walking. I tried counting steps. It wasn't working. I was binge eating and hiding food from kids. I am going back to old school. 1200 cals and straight exercise. I am going to aim for 2 weeks before I get on the scale again. Wish me luck!

1,200kcals..... What height are you? Thats very low....
  • dgbpnb
    dgbpnb Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone, for the encouragement. I am at 1200 calories and I am a 5'9" woman. I have a question... I am quite confused at the very low amount of protein that I am given as a goal. I seem to always every day go over that amount. And of course the sugar amount. Because of fruit and yogurt, possibly. Not eating anything else that has sugar. Another question...what are macros? Everyone refers to them. Is that the carb/cal/sugar/sodium/protien??
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Me too ....... kinda trailed off this year, but now my jeans are really uncomfortable ...... make best choices possible at each meal, each day ...... keep on truckin' !
  • Frideee
    Frideee Posts: 8 Member
    I'm also back AGAIN. Ugh. This is it.
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    dgbpnb wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, for the encouragement. I am at 1200 calories and I am a 5'9" woman. I have a question... I am quite confused at the very low amount of protein that I am given as a goal. I seem to always every day go over that amount. And of course the sugar amount. Because of fruit and yogurt, possibly. Not eating anything else that has sugar. Another question...what are macros? Everyone refers to them. Is that the carb/cal/sugar/sodium/protien??

Welcome back! I've fallen off a few times before, but fortunately it's gotten easier to stay on track with each try. :)

If you're eating whole foods and very few processed foods, I wouldn't be too concerned about the sugar. The macros refer to protein, carbohydrates and fat. I shoot for 50% protein, 30% carbs (mostly from fruits and veggies) and 20% fat. Be cautious about your calorie intake though. 1200 is on the low side. If you keep at the 1200 calories, be honest with yourself about how you're feeling after a week. If you're seriously lacking in energy or suffering from headaches, it might be a good idea to try 1300 calories.
  • Elisatheblondie
    Elisatheblondie Posts: 1 Member
    This is my 3rd time coming back! Day one all over again!
    The first time I lost 10 kg. I was down to 50 kg, now I gained 7 kgs back and I would like those gone :).
    We are all here to support each other!