Paleo Guy

Options
Hi -- I'm new to the site, and came to it through Android market; very nice. I don't have weight to lose as much as I want to move it around some more. I'm a crossfitter and have eaten paleo for a month to 6 weeks at a time, with good results for the first few weeks, and very low energy afterward. I'm looking to duplicate the good results, but switch to a higher carb diet after those first weeks. If there are any paleo eaters or crossfitters, give me a shout!

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I'm new to the site, and came to it through Android market; very nice. I don't have weight to lose as much as I want to move it around some more. I'm a crossfitter and have eaten paleo for a month to 6 weeks at a time, with good results for the first few weeks, and very low energy afterward. I'm looking to duplicate the good results, but switch to a higher carb diet after those first weeks. If there are any paleo eaters or crossfitters, give me a shout!

I'm on the low carb band wagon but also have issues with my energy level..trying to find a happy balance and incoproptae enough good carbs

good luck!
    Kim
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Crossfitter and pseudo Paleo here. Welcome!
  • dmaxfld
    dmaxfld Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback cbarber9 and kimber507. One thing I've discovered at least for myself on paleo / crossfit is that there I have a performance drop off after about 3 weeks; there is a great article by Scott Hagnas at Crossfit Portland where he discusses the case for a higher carb paleo diet, especially after the first few "induction" weeks. Made a lot of sense to me.

Article synopsis is here -- http://www.cathletics.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=429

Also think that we need some carbs especially first thing in a.m. and immediately after workout / WOD.

Of course, knowing what to do and doing it are 2 different things! If anybody wants to try the same sort of program with me, I'm starting today. I find I'm much more successful if I have to be accountable.

Best, Dave
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    There's a Paleo support group on MFP...

I'm also pseudo paleo. definitely tweaking my zone %'s. I agree Dave, I find I need more carbs on my heavy cardio days. Lifting days I feel fine at 25-30% (the tweaking I'm trying out this month is to get down to a ratio of 12-15% CHO, 57-60% P & 27-30% F) - I'm trying to supplement my WODs with glucose &/or caffeine.