Cutting out alcohol!!

Options
2»

Replies

• enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh god alcohol is terrible for weight loss. I know once I cut out alcohol, staying within my calorie target was soooo much easier.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I found out a bottle of wine was easily 500 Cal plus, I stopped drinking my cals then the weight started to come off. I enjoy a drink every now and then but not at the expense of food.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love wine and can easily drink two glasses each night. I definitely see that when I cut it down to just weekends I lose weight much faster, it also makes morning workouts much easier and I sleep better.

However I think the issue is really that when I drink wine it's hard to not go over my calories for the day, if I cut out breakfast or something to make up for it I could probably continue to lose at the same rate but it wouldn't be very healthy. Trying to find a balance, just as only drinking two nights a week.
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just drink while i am power walking on my treadmill. Time fly's by once you get a good buzz and by the end of the night i burned more then i drank. Also, I am walking and drinking right now as i type this. I currently have 2 calorie free beers to drink.LOL
  • changeNeeded87
    changeNeeded87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I needed this post as well. Part of my goals for October include not drinking hard liquor except the weekend of my college homecoming. However, after reading some of these comments... I will definitely work on cutting down on the wine calories as well.