Day One (once again)

Options
2»

Replies

• fatdaduk
    fatdaduk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    matti2 wrote: »
    Hi @fatdaduk - Congratulations for going from Day One to WEEK TWO! It sounds as though you have a solid plan. I think pacing ourselves, being patient and trusting the process are some of the greatest challenges. Setting realistic targets and focusing on developing healthy habits that are sustainable is what it's really all about. Unfortunately, we weren't born with a user's manual, so we basically wing it most of our lives. We tend to assign negative adjectives to ourselves and feel that those "flaws" are fundamentally part of who we are and are unchangeable, when it really all comes down to habits that we have formed over the years. I find it encouraging when I think about how bad habits (that I created) are what got me here, and that I can create good habits to replace them and get myself back to where I want to be. I see this weight loss journey for myself as an opportunity to really get to know myself and what works for me in terms of nutrition, exercise, lifestyle habits, interests. There is a lot of information out there and it can be overwhelming. Learning to listen to one's inner voice can make all the difference.

Sounds like you're in a great place to make this work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your support (and to write the above post)
  • matti2
    matti2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's my pleasure! That's what this community is all about. Have a great afternoon/evening.
  • matti2
    Options
    fatdaduk wrote: »
    Hi @fatdaduk - Congratulations for going from Day One to WEEK TWO! It sounds as though you have a solid plan. I think pacing ourselves, being patient and trusting the process are some of the greatest challenges. Setting realistic targets and focusing on developing healthy habits that are sustainable is what it's really all about. Unfortunately, we weren't born with a user's manual, so we basically wing it most of our lives. We tend to assign negative adjectives to ourselves and feel that those "flaws" are fundamentally part of who we are and are unchangeable, when it really all comes down to habits that we have formed over the years. I find it encouraging when I think about how bad habits (that I created) are what got me here, and that I can create good habits to replace them and get myself back to where I want to be. I see this weight loss journey for myself as an opportunity to really get to know myself and what works for me in terms of nutrition, exercise, lifestyle habits, interests. There is a lot of information out there and it can be overwhelming. Learning to listen to one's inner voice can make all the difference.

Sounds like you're in a great place to make this work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your support (and to write the above post)

Oops! Forgot to use the quote feature in my reply!
    It's my pleasure! That's what this community is all about. Have a great afternoon/evening.
  • matti2
    Options
    Thanks @PinkPixiexox - for your words of support AND inspiration. Love your honesty! You've got a great sense of humor, which is key - especially in the face of adversity. I am also 5'2" and, though I could see the number on the scale going up, I was certain it was just temporary. It may not have been so temporary, but I am going to make sure that it's not permanent. Congratulations on being so close to your goal!

Thank you for your kind words. I have every faith in you - you can do this. Stay strong.

Back atcha!
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Remember this is for you and your better life! That if you have a set back, to learn from it and keep going! You can do this!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i also am restarting
  • matti2
    Options
    Ginnygirl5 wrote: »
    Remember this is for you and your better life! That if you have a set back, to learn from it and keep going! You can do this!

So very true - thanks!
  • matti2
    Options
    fatboypup wrote: »
    i also am restarting

Back in the saddle. You've got it this time!
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I had a day one back some years ago - lost a lot of weight and kept it off for quite a while. Then I retired, and nobody could see me eating! I could eat all I wanted! 30 pounds piled back on within 18 months - ugh! So I had a new day one a few weeks ago and I am hoping that this is IT. I want all of my pretty clothes to fit and I want to be healthy! I need to learn to trust myself to make the right choices, which I am relearning. Good luck to us all!
  • matti2
    Options
    I had a day one back some years ago - lost a lot of weight and kept it off for quite a while. Then I retired, and nobody could see me eating! I could eat all I wanted! 30 pounds piled back on within 18 months - ugh! So I had a new day one a few weeks ago and I am hoping that this is IT. I want all of my pretty clothes to fit and I want to be healthy! I need to learn to trust myself to make the right choices, which I am relearning. Good luck to us all!

Congratulations for trusting yourself and making the right choice to take charge again! It makes sense to have wanted to kick back a bit when you first retired. Seems a natural response to having the stress of daily work life removed. Now it's a healthy response to say, I'm ready to take on the next challenge. You've got the know-how and lessons learned from before, the motivation now and a gorgeous wardrobe waiting. Sounds like the time is right. You're in charge and you can do this!