Who's drinking lots of water? :D

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I will never understand the obsession with drinking mass quantities of water.
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I drink a little under a gallon most days. More when I am working out. I am conscious of not drinking too much though, as I know that can be bad for you, also.
  • candygibbons26
    candygibbons26 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It cleanses your body and detoxes it and also helps with hunger pangs you might think your hungry wen all
    You need is water
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It cleanses your body and detoxes it and also helps with hunger pangs you might think your hungry wen all
    You need is water

Most liquids will do that -- it doesn't have to be water.
  • maidentl
    Options
    You need is water

I get plenty of water. My urine is a good color. I don't understand the obsession with forcing oneself to drink above and beyond what one normally drinks to "help with weight loss."
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely on that water train, and definitely in the bathroom constantly :smiley:
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    Hehe
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    I know how you feel
  • lizred11
    lizred11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on that water train too I drink a lot of water everyday
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have a 74 oz jug that I drink about 1 1/2 at work and usually at home, about another 32 ozs. I have decided though to push the 74 to two at work. I keep reading that I should be drinking half my body weight in ounces, but at that rate, I will be drinking water all day and all night....
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    You need is water

I get plenty of water. My urine is a good color. I don't understand the obsession with forcing oneself to drink above and beyond what one normally drinks to "help with weight loss."

Because, like the previous poster said....when you're doing well on your CI but still feeling hungry, you can drink a lot of water instead of eating something that would put you over the goal. And it's healthy, hydrates you, helps with constipation (if that's an issue) and makes your skin soft! I don't "force" myself to drink extra water unless my lips start getting dry and cracked, which usually only happens on the weekends when I'm not at work with my water bottle sitting in front of me all day.
  • Bogditzy
    Bogditzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am drinking water or trying during the day within the healthy limits but I am not going crazy with it. There is a point where it might not be good for you if you get too much. Watch the pee color, good indicator of getting enough or not. Still better than most things such as soda etc .

A crucial part in weight loss imo
  • maidentl
    Options
    You need is water

Because, like the previous poster said....when you're doing well on your CI but still feeling hungry, you can drink a lot of water instead of eating something that would put you over the goal. And it's healthy, hydrates you, helps with constipation (if that's an issue) and makes your skin soft! I don't "force" myself to drink extra water unless my lips start getting dry and cracked, which usually only happens on the weekends when I'm not at work with my water bottle sitting in front of me all day.

That comes from adequate hydration. There are no points for extra hydration. And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    You need is water

That comes from adequate hydration. There are no points for extra hydration. And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry.

Everyones "adequate hydration" is different. I get your point, but would hope that you can now understand where these people are coming from a little better, even with no personal experience. And that kind of sucks that you can't be satisfied by drinking a little extra water. It really holds me over when I need extra strength/help to reach my goals! I love water though, and have since I was in elementary school, so I may be biased, lol. My very first AOL screen name was "Idrinkwater16" lmao! I'm not good with coming up with screen names.... :/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,134 Member
    Options
    I drink the recommended 8 cups, plus (sometimes very plus), of water or water-equivalent beverages. I learned long ago (pre weight loss) that my body functions poorly on too little water.

Specifically, I was diagnosed with IBS-C, and told to take fiber supplements. Hah. Finally realized that most vegetarians (which I am) do *not* need fiber supplements. I needed more water. Much more water. I'm also very much a sweating kind of person when active - need to replace that, or fatigue sets in fast.

I carry a stainless steel water bottle with me to workouts and other events where there won't be much water available. I have a glass going all day, refilled regularly.

And I don't visit the bathroom inordinately frequently (of course, I'm not drinking as much as lots of you).
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need is water

It's different for everyone, of course. I can't tell you how many times I've had a hunger craving and instead drank some water, making my hunger go away. Not every time, but it works :wink:

• maidentl
    Options
    leighloh wrote: »
    You need is water

It's different for everyone, of course. I can't tell you how many times I've had a hunger craving and instead drank some water, making my hunger go away. Not every time, but it works :wink:

I get that part. I don't get the people who consistently try to drink more and more and more as if it's a badge of honor or accomplishes anything. I have no issues with people drinking what they're thirsty for.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is good but drinking more water to out do the next guy is silly and unwarranted. It waters down sodium levels which is problematic. You get water from the things you drink and the foods you eat also.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445
  • MonkeyMel21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You need is water

I get that part. I don't get the people who consistently try to drink more and more and more as if it's a badge of honor or accomplishes anything. I have no issues with people drinking what they're thirsty for.

When I was in girl scout camp one summer I broke the record of drinking the most cups of water during lunch one day! I was pretty proud about that, lol. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon peeing every 30 minutes, lol.

Anyway, I guess I have really never paid attention to these people you speak of that try and out do themselves and others. So, idk. I guess the plus side is that it's calorie free...And it takes a shiiiiiiiit ton of water to actually drink "too much" so it's a relatively safe non-necessary accomplishment!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need is water

When I was in girl scout camp one summer I broke the record of drinking the most cups of water during lunch one day! I was pretty proud about that, lol. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon peeing every 30 minutes, lol.

Anyway, I guess I have really never paid attention to these people you speak of that try and out do themselves and others. So, idk.

That's almost not funny. Drinking too much water is deadly.