In the News Woman's last meal: cheese dip and chips, Texas fajita nachos and a diet frosted lemonade

Options
In my journey (Since Jun15, 2015) I have often thought of the "purpose of food". I am not going to write too much about my thoughts on all of this(In the News Woman's last meal: cheese dip and chips, Texas fajita nachos and a diet frosted lemonade): But, what I have thought about several times is : "Do I really want to eat this or that?" and that in order to really like the process of healthy eating I want to eat the food I really like. I have asked my self "Would this be a last meal?" if I had to choose one. What would your last meal be? This is not to diminish the situation of what is happening tonight with her execution tonight but really more of a thought exercise. What is the purpose of our lives? and what is the purpose of a meal?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I don't support the death penalty for women.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

For women? What's the difference?
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Are you a theologian or are you just that bored? Eat what makes you happy whether that be for taste or weight goals, wear clean panties and hope today isn't your last day... also, be happy you apparently have so little to worry about that this seems worthy of discussion. The end.

3437213595_rb_eating_chocolate_bar_0809_lgn_xlarge.jpeg
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

The genitalia. I'm not sure what you mean.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The purpose of our lives is not to do something that would deem it necessary for us to end up on death row having to decide what our last meal would be.

The purpose of a meal is to obtain calories which our body uses as fuel to allow us to survive a few minutes longer on earth...which is completely null and void if you're about to have the death penalty administered.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Bacon

Yes.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I do wonder why she went with a "diet" lemonade. I like diet DP, but I'd go full sugar if I was on death row. Even if I was a diabetic... (Or a liter of vodka)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Shalaurise wrote: »
    Are you a theologian or are you just that bored? Eat what makes you happy whether that be for taste or weight goals, wear clean panties and hope today isn't your last day... also, be happy you apparently have so little to worry about that this seems worthy of discussion. The end.

3437213595_rb_eating_chocolate_bar_0809_lgn_xlarge.jpeg

wear clean panties?

y so much cardio?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    I do wonder why she went with a "diet" lemonade. I like diet DP, but I'd go full sugar if I was on death row. Even if I was a diabetic... (Or a liter of vodka)

Yeah, I'm thinking that would be a good time to take up drinking alcohol.

People usually scoff at others who order big macs, whoppers, fries, etc and then go with a diet drink. For me, I just like the taste of diet more than regular. The only regular soda I would ever drink is an orange or pineapple crush.

• Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    _DaniC wrote: »

Yeah, and we smell nicer. Also our voices are more high pitched.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

that's sexist and not always true...
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Do you even Adam Levine or Steve Perry?

I'll give you the smell nicer points however.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    In my journey (Since Jun15, 2015) I have often thought of the "purpose of food". I am not going to write too much about my thoughts on all of this(In the News Woman's last meal: cheese dip and chips, Texas fajita nachos and a diet frosted lemonade): But, what I have thought about several times is : "Do I really want to eat this or that?" and that in order to really like the process of healthy eating I want to eat the food I really like. I have asked my self "Would this be a last meal?" if I had to choose one. What would your last meal be? This is not to diminish the situation of what is happening tonight with her execution tonight but really more of a thought exercise. What is the purpose of our lives? and what is the purpose of a meal?

Why the diet frosted lemonade? Still trying to fit into that swimsuit next summer?
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well, I AM a theologian...

Kelly's life has been about a lot of things; its been a lot about redemption lately. Kelly is on my mind today.

Meals are about providing our bodies with food and nourishment, but they are also about relationships and ritual and comfort and pleasure. Humans have gathered to break bread, and before that they gathered to gnaw meat. Relishing the planning and preparation of the food and sharing it with others is why we don't all just have feeding tubes or drink meal replacement shakes on the go all the time.

...and I would choose Texas barbecue brisket, a bacon/blue cheese wedge salad from this restaurant here in TN, a good cabernet, and like a dozen Krispy Kremes, in case you're wondering. :)