Nothing is Happening

Options
13»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, uncooked. When I eat a meal, I haven't been using any condiments. Except on my subway.

Your most recent rice logged is logged as cooked, which is less accurate than uncooked (how much water is absorbed, etc).

And your Subway entry doesn't show any condiments on it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking the egg whites raw? Or are you cooking them? If you're cooking them, how are you keeping them from sticking to the pan without any oil, butter, etc.?
  • CaseyGwaltney
    CaseyGwaltney Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    the egg whites are in a non stick pan, idk my gma got it for me yrs ago and i never have to spray anything in it lol
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The way I used to "measure" peanut butter: fit as much as possible on a dinner spoon and call that a tablespoon.

The way I've learned from people on MFP: weight the whole jar of peanut butter, tare the scale, take your serving, then weight the jar again. The negative number you see is how much you've eaten.

HUGE difference :)

That's such a neat little trick. I'm ashamed that it took me so long to learn it. Before, I'd weigh the spoon without the PB, then tar it out and weigh it with the PB.... and of course, I'd have PB all over my scale by the time I was done. Really, I felt kind of dumb when that eureka moment happened and I figured it out.

I was doing the same thing with mayo and making a huge mess.
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The way I used to "measure" peanut butter: fit as much as possible on a dinner spoon and call that a tablespoon.

The way I've learned from people on MFP: weight the whole jar of peanut butter, tare the scale, take your serving, then weight the jar again. The negative number you see is how much you've eaten.

HUGE difference :)

That's such a neat little trick. I'm ashamed that it took me so long to learn it. Before, I'd weigh the spoon without the PB, then tar it out and weigh it with the PB.... and of course, I'd have PB all over my scale by the time I was done. Really, I felt kind of dumb when that eureka moment happened and I figured it out.

I was doing the same thing with mayo and making a huge mess.

I am excited to try this, I feel very silly now :pensive:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP--this system, calories in-calories out, works very well if you are precise. You have to weigh and measure everything or it won't work. That's why everyone is insisting on it. That is where you should start. After 2 weeks if you still aren't losing come back and we'll fine tune you. B)
  • xXGearheadXx
    xXGearheadXx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There's many things i wish i'd done and known when i first started my diet. The most important one, weighing and logging all food.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had to fiddle to find actual calorie amount to lose.
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks a lot like mine used to before I started lurking on these forums. Underestimating by a ton, I would be so proud of staying under my goal, but I was really just lying to myself. Once you accept that you'll be better off.
  • jpssteel21
    jpssteel21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    siluridae wrote: »
    leighloh wrote: »
    Nope leighloh! i dont even hold my phone during my workouts so it doesnt count any of those calories burned i guess. Idk if thats a good or bad thing.

That might be the issue. You are already eating very little, so the issue might be that you are not eating enough calories back after your workouts.

And even if she did eat too little, she'd still lose weight.

Starvation mode happens for actually starving people. You know, the ones that are dying. Starvation mode isn't the body conjuring calories out of thin air to make someone stay fat.

That is actually true but it can account for her body's slow loss as her metabolism is slowed... She is losing just not at a pace to account for the low calorie intake