queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    leighloh wrote: »
    It cleanses your body and detoxes it and also helps with hunger pangs you might think your hungry wen all
    You need is water

I get plenty of water. My urine is a good color. I don't understand the obsession with forcing oneself to drink above and beyond what one normally drinks to "help with weight loss."

Because, like the previous poster said....when you're doing well on your CI but still feeling hungry, you can drink a lot of water instead of eating something that would put you over the goal. And it's healthy, hydrates you, helps with constipation (if that's an issue) and makes your skin soft! I don't "force" myself to drink extra water unless my lips start getting dry and cracked, which usually only happens on the weekends when I'm not at work with my water bottle sitting in front of me all day.

That comes from adequate hydration. There are no points for extra hydration. And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry.

It's different for everyone, of course. I can't tell you how many times I've had a hunger craving and instead drank some water, making my hunger go away. Not every time, but it works :wink:

I get that part. I don't get the people who consistently try to drink more and more and more as if it's a badge of honor or accomplishes anything. I have no issues with people drinking what they're thirsty for.

When I was in girl scout camp one summer I broke the record of drinking the most cups of water during lunch one day! I was pretty proud about that, lol. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon peeing every 30 minutes, lol.

Anyway, I guess I have really never paid attention to these people you speak of that try and out do themselves and others. So, idk.

That's almost not funny. Drinking too much water is deadly.

How much is too much to the point it's dangerous? I drink A TON of water!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445
  • candygibbons26
    candygibbons26 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ain't Facebook for all this type of behaviour lool
  • candygibbons26
    candygibbons26 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Each too there own that's wat I say!!
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    It cleanses your body and detoxes it and also helps with hunger pangs you might think your hungry wen all
    You need is water

I get plenty of water. My urine is a good color. I don't understand the obsession with forcing oneself to drink above and beyond what one normally drinks to "help with weight loss."

Because, like the previous poster said....when you're doing well on your CI but still feeling hungry, you can drink a lot of water instead of eating something that would put you over the goal. And it's healthy, hydrates you, helps with constipation (if that's an issue) and makes your skin soft! I don't "force" myself to drink extra water unless my lips start getting dry and cracked, which usually only happens on the weekends when I'm not at work with my water bottle sitting in front of me all day.

That comes from adequate hydration. There are no points for extra hydration. And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry.

It's different for everyone, of course. I can't tell you how many times I've had a hunger craving and instead drank some water, making my hunger go away. Not every time, but it works :wink:

I get that part. I don't get the people who consistently try to drink more and more and more as if it's a badge of honor or accomplishes anything. I have no issues with people drinking what they're thirsty for.

When I was in girl scout camp one summer I broke the record of drinking the most cups of water during lunch one day! I was pretty proud about that, lol. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon peeing every 30 minutes, lol.

Anyway, I guess I have really never paid attention to these people you speak of that try and out do themselves and others. So, idk.

How much is too much to the point it's dangerous? I drink A TON of water!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445

Thanks...I want to read about this.
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You need is water

It was like 8 4-6 oz cups, don't *kitten* yourself. You guys need to calm down, lol.

The point is that people can and have hurt themselves in water drinking contests. Children shouldn't be encouraged to engage in them.

Ok but we're discussing water consumption through out the day as part of a healthy routine. I only brought that up in jest as the pp was talking about people feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Well, when we're talking about drinking lots of water (beyond one's thirst triggers, to judge by several posts in this thread) and someone brings up setting a water drinking record, I don't think it's off-topic to discuss over-consumption of water and how it can be dangerous.

And that's appropriate of you. I was addressing the pp non understanding of people wanting to drink water as a hunger deterrent and feeling the need to consume more water than herself. Helping her to understand how great it can be. No children are being encouraged at this point in time in any harmful behavior.

You don't get to change my words. I never said any of that.

but you didn't you say this?

"And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry."

But what does that have to do with anything? I said I get it, but that it doesn't work for me. And I said that is not what I am talking about.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. This whole conversation got way too convoluted.

Anyways, happy water drinking everyone!

itz7hksgvpx7.jpg
  • Bogditzy
    Bogditzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Netflix and chill. and water or a bit of wine :D
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    You need is water

Also this, because you are saying you have no personal experience. and I was trying to explain how it helps others, myself included.

OK, look. You are clearly jonesing to convince me I am wrong. About what? I said I do not understand people who force themselves to drink crazy amounts of water. If this is not you, why do you care? Me stating that water doesn't work for me when I am hungry is not a lack of personal experience. That is my personal experience and I went on to say that I understand drinking it for that purpose and again, that is not what I am referring to. I don't know if you just want to argue or if you're not reading everything I write or you just don't understand my words.

Honestly, I was merely trying to get you as excited about water as me! Apparently I am just not that inspiring, lol.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    I drink at least two gallons of water with Mio a day. More on my running days.

For some reason I don't quite understand, this inspired me to go hiking at lunch time, despite having earlier ruled it out for being too "hot" and muggy.

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    You need is water

It was like 8 4-6 oz cups, don't *kitten* yourself. You guys need to calm down, lol.

The point is that people can and have hurt themselves in water drinking contests. Children shouldn't be encouraged to engage in them.

Ok but we're discussing water consumption through out the day as part of a healthy routine. I only brought that up in jest as the pp was talking about people feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Well, when we're talking about drinking lots of water (beyond one's thirst triggers, to judge by several posts in this thread) and someone brings up setting a water drinking record, I don't think it's off-topic to discuss over-consumption of water and how it can be dangerous.

And that's appropriate of you. I was addressing the pp non understanding of people wanting to drink water as a hunger deterrent and feeling the need to consume more water than herself. Helping her to understand how great it can be. No children are being encouraged at this point in time in any harmful behavior.

"And I have never been one that is satisfied by a glass of water when I am hungry."

But what does that have to do with anything? I said I get it, but that it doesn't work for me. And I said that is not what I am talking about.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. This whole conversation got way too convoluted.

itz7hksgvpx7.jpg

yaaassssss!!!!
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I drink about 160oz, that's 4731ml in non-freedom units, a day. I don't personally see it as excessive, it's become routine to me, as I lose weight I'll adjust my water intake accordingly.
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need is water

itz7hksgvpx7.jpg

yaaassssss!!!!

:sunglasses:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I drink around 8 glasses a day plus tea and coffee but I read recently that there's really no need to drink loads of it, our bodies let us know when we're thirsty.

During my weight loss journey I never found drinking lots more of it helped/aided my loss.

I just drink it now as and when I feel like it.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You need is water

The problem is if you are like me "what one normally drinks" is one cup a day. This means i need to force myself to drink more and yes i can confirm it does help with weight loss and general feeling good and not bloated :-)
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a 93oz water bottle that I drink from during the work day, so from 8-5pm then a bottle during my workout and/or my 2nd job the maybe a bottle when I get home. A gallon a day keeps the fat away
  • healthyme2000
    healthyme2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    64 ounces a day! As someone who used to go days without drinking water this is an awesome change :)
  • Heamous
    Heamous Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am drinking from 10 to 15 cups a day.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    kj987ghv38ox.jpg WATER IS THE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    You need is water

The problem is if you are like me "what one normally drinks" is one cup a day. This means i need to force myself to drink more and yes i can confirm it does help with weight loss and general feeling good and not bloated :-)

She unsubbed from the thread I'm pretty sure. Our petty argument has gone un resolved!!!! I want to message her so bad to end the conflict but feel that it is unwise.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i typically drink 2 liters of water a day
    I was drinking 3 liters a day but was annoyed with how much i had to piss and decided it was unnecessary

2 liters works well for me
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I definitely have to force myself to drink water, since it's easy for me to get so busy at work I forget. It's helpful in the evenings, though, when my stomach wants something to do while I"m watching TV but I'm not actually hungry.