What happens after you have reached your goal?

Options
Do you still diet? What happens after you walk into the sunset?

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Move to maintenance level calories and try to get myself to a point where I don't have to count everything every day. But I will continue to log everything daily to keep myself on course.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    scairneh4 wrote: »

You set yourself a maintenance range, and weigh yourself regularly. As soon as you start to head out of that range, you start weighing and tracking again. My maintenance range is a 3 pound range (130-133). I just hit 134 so I'm back to tracking.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    What the others said above, plus hopefully you're living a healthier lifestyle in general and are reaping the benefits of good health. Things like being fitter and being able to exercise harder and for longer. Doing physical activities because they feel good not because you're trying to burn calories. Eating the right kinds of food because they fuel your body better. And all of those things will help you maintain, like the others said.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you maintain,, that's what I have been doing! its more fun!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    See the above statements
  • prattylessfatty
    prattylessfatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is it true that once you hit your ideal body fat % that cardio almost becomes non-existent? Or are these lies thin people say?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Is it true that once you hit your ideal body fat % that cardio almost becomes non-existent? Or are these lies thin people say?
    I don't understand... Do cardio for heart health and to be able to eat more calories. Regardless of deficit or no deficit.
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maintain and increase my fitness levels; create another goal.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Maintain and increase my fitness levels; create another goal.

I second creating new goals. It answers the "Now, what?" question and helps you maintain motivation and focus for your new healthier habits!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I third the new goals! Started new weight training routines and working on pull ups (it's gonna take a while...)
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm just speculating here, but I'm pretty sure I'll just sit around and admire myself in the mirror all the time. Oh, and have all that crazy skinny person sex I've been missing out on.

• lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm just speculating here, but I'm pretty sure I'll just sit around and admire myself in the mirror all the time. Oh, and have all that crazy skinny person sex I've been missing out on.

^Best one yet.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    When I hit my weight loss goal, I started a recomp goal, soon I'm starting a bulk. It's a continuous thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!