4lbs away from my goal and still 25% body fat?!

Options
2»

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    You want to work toward the point of muscular fatigue to get anything out of lifting. That means you lift until you can't do another one. For reps anything above 12 is muscular enurance-which I suggest for what it sounds like you want. 6-12 reps is hypertrophy-builds size. If you want size do this many, but again making sure you get to muscular fatigue.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Analyze your cardio too. Almost sounds like there is some excessive cardio that may be helping you stay skinny fat. Perspective on Intense Lifting for free http://drdarden.com/readTopic.do?id=415445
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    How is that possible? Seems crazy to be so thin and yet so high in the body fat?? I am 5'6" and 133 lbs. Mine is 18% (which is also too high) What can we do about it?

18% is too high? 17% in women is considered elite athlete.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Those machines that you test with are not always accurate!!!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The women athletes I have met who are healthy enough to still be fertile/breastfeeding are getting the lowest body fat percentages by lifting kettlebells. See Lauren Brooks www.ontheedgefitness.com as an example. I am headed for 20% bodyfat personally but I know female kettlebell athletes that are in the single digits.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    How is that possible? Seems crazy to be so thin and yet so high in the body fat?? I am 5'6" and 133 lbs. Mine is 18% (which is also too high) What can we do about it?

I know it can sound scary to have 18% BF but you may wanna educate yourself on that a bit more - top elite athletes have around that and once you start going under 18% your really messing with body needs. at 14% your TOM will stop and the hideous things your organs go through because you have no essential fat to insulate them are not even worth it.

To the OP - there is no way the computer can know how fat you are regardless of which programme you entered your details into. There are 2 ways; callipers done by a PROFESSIONAL as there are very specific places on the body which are used, scales with a breakdown of water, fat, muscle and bone (it needs to differentiate between them!) and the pod thing someone else mentioned and I cannot remember the name of it for the hell of me lol! Non of them are accurate though so I tend to go off BMI as a GUIDE.
  • marigolds1
    marigolds1 Posts: 25
    Options

18% is too high? 17% in women is considered elite athlete.

Um, YEAH. When I was bodybuilding I was 165 lbs at 18% and I wore a size 4. I think you're getting women's percentages mixed up with men's, probably; anything sub 20% is hard to reach for women.