Salmon?

Options
Rtrtiff
Rtrtiff Posts: 25 Member
Anyone have any good recipes for Salmon? I have never tried it before but it looks delicious

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Mustard/ fill crusted salmon placed under the broiler!
  • Rtrtiff
    Options
    How long does it normally take to cook salmon?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Depends on how big the piece is, definitely don't over cook!

I bake it with lemon juice and zest, basil and dill. I put green beans and Broccolini in the dish as well - delicious!
  • Rtrtiff
    Options
    Oh wow that sounds good! Thanks! I'll have to try that this weekend... Trying to make football food a little healthier lol
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like to saute it in a non stick pan with some Pam cooking spray, sriracha seasoning (doesn't take much before it becomes too much), touch of crushed red pepper flakes, and some salt and pepper. From frozen it takes maybe 5-6 minutes on each side on a half-way between low to medium setting (well for my stove anyway). Salmon is really quick and easy to make. You can bake it in the oven too with some salt and pepper.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Why am I laying in bed at 1030 and now wanting a salmon on my pillow for me to gnaw on.....mmmmm salmon thread
  • lorraine_2015
    lorraine_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Steam Salmon
    1. put salt, basil and pepper on salmon
    2. steam the salmon
    3. once the salmon is cooked. chop tomatoes, onions and put it on top of salmon.

dip in soysauce with calamansi or lemon.

• jmpaterno
    jmpaterno Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like to bake it in the oven and put it in a giant Greek salad with lettuce, feta, cukes, tomatoes, peppers, and a dressing made of olive oil (1 tbsp per serving at most), mustard, spices, and white wine vinegar. I set the oven on about 300, throw it in with a little bit of dressing, and check it every five or so minutes till it's done. Super easy and fast, and really satisfying for me when I want a big ol' bowl of food, even if most of that bowl is veggies.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Teriyaki is my favorite!
    3uocwdli20oj.jpg
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like it baked.. brushed with olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, garlic and a nice seasoning.. mmm so good.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Salmon Filet 1" or so thick 13-14 mins at 400 deg. I usually cover it with a bit of honey mustard mixed with BBQ sauce. Same salmon filet, into a pyrex 8x8, top with your favorite salsa, Nuke for 3.5-4 mins. (that time works in my microwave)
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I need ideas to change it up, I usually cover salmon with lemon juice, lemon pepper, white wine and bake it for 15 minutes
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I need ideas to change it up, I usually cover salmon with lemon juice, lemon pepper, white wine and bake it for 15 minutes

Yup I make mine almost exactly like this but add a pat of butter and some crushed garlic. It's amazing.

I've also rubbedit with jerk seasoning and baked and it was fantastic if you're looking for something with more kick.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options

Yup I make mine almost exactly like this but add a pat of butter and some crushed garlic. It's amazing.

I've also rubbedit with jerk seasoning and baked and it was fantastic if you're looking for something with more kick.

Yeah didn't mention oil, but I think thats a necessity. I had an idea to put sliced grapes in with the white wine, since the wine is fruity. I was gonna do that once but ended up not feeling like messing with the grapes because I was doing another recipe (that Ive never done before) and needed to focus on that.

But I will definitely be adding grapes next time 'round
  • jennylynne77
    jennylynne77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite is maple syrup, garlic, and chipotle chili (but I use a chipotle chili powder b/c I'd waste a can of them for one or two peppers).

Wow took me forever to find the recipe since allrecipes changed their website. Just realized I'd been leaving out the soy sauce. oops.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/145748/sweet-chipotle-grilling-sauce/
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Lol, that recipe page has been used too many times in the past 10 years as seen by the soy sauce prints.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just put some lemon pepper or Cajun seasoning on it and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in the toaster oven and it's usually done.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I like the way salmon tastes so I bake it plain. I just add salt, pepper, and oil. Sometimes maybe a lemon.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like it baked.. brushed with olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, garlic and a nice seasoning.. mmm so good.

We have this once a week served with a lemon wedge. Bake 18-21 mins at 425. Yummmmmmmmmy