Keto Eater

Options
Hello everyone!!

I am generally just interested in hearing about your success stories and/or ideas regarding ketogenic dieting. This has been a complete game changer for me and I am so pleased to have stumbled into the keto world. I have lost 73 pounds since starting my journey in February, which is crazy, and am still continuing on this big journey. Please let me hear from you, keto recipes, success, thoughts, any comments!!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    It has been a game changer for me too for a year now. 30 days after I cut out the sugar and grains my pain became well managed and then the IBS was cured in a few months.

You have lost a lot of weight too. Great job.
  • arykah3luvsya
    arykah3luvsya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing Gale. I have read that it cures IBS and I am so happy for you. I noticed about a year ago, that my hair was falling out, I had symptoms of prediabetes and was just really unhealthy. I had tried cutting calories, killing myself in the gym, eating high protein low fat, all of those things and NOTHING would work. Well after sitting at work one day, worrying about having the onset of diabetes, I said, 'I'm done with carbohydrates". I knew plenty of people that had started low carb diets only to lose the weight, start eating carbs again and gain it all back. So i researched for a way of eating that wasnt going to be just another fad. Now my hair isnt falling out, my skin has cleared up, I can breathe better (had asthma), no more prediabetic symptoms, i have more energy...I love it!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The first two weeks was hard because after failing to taper off carbs I had to ditch them cold turkey but then the cravings just started to fade away. At my age I can not stand the stress of another regain so I too am eating in the same way as I plan to do for the rest of my life. I am inviting young people at the age 64 to my 110th birthday party. :)

There is a sub MFP group that talks more keto eating details you may want to join.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• arykah3luvsya
    Options
    I agree. I believe ditching cold turkey is the best and most effective way. I will definitely check out that group. Thank you for telling me about it!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    This has been a complete game changer for me and I am so pleased to have stumbled into the keto world. I have lost 73 pounds since starting my journey in February, which is crazy, and am still continuing on this big journey.

Wonderful story yourself and congratulations!! I've been keto since 09/01/2014. As of today, I've lost 121.2 pounds. Still more to go yet but I'm a little over 2/3rds of the way there. If you want to know the full story, just go to and read my profile. Hope to see you on the keto boards soon!
  • arykah3luvsya
    Options
    Amazing!