My journey

Options
2»

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start. There's nothing wrong with going to the gym everyday. Just change it up each day to avoid injury. When your weight loss slows downs that's when the real determination needs to set in. Ignore any slow progress or plateaus you have along the way and keep at it. If you slip up and eat horribly for a day or two or three, don't sweat it. It happens. Get back to it. Good luck.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    bandedup wrote: »
    Great job on giving up soda. I also used to drink about 2 liters a day but it was diet so I didnt think I was doing anything wrong. Turns out it can lead to kidney stones. Worst pain ever!
    I have never been to the community part of this and think it will be helpful to me. I like it when people make their food.diaries public so I can get ideas of what others are doing. I just made mine public so I am more accountable.
    I applaud your ability to go to the gym. I have never been able to do that. Will be checking back on you. Feel free to friend me.

The amount of people who i have added and added me have been such a great support. Made me really happy I put my story in here. Guess its good i have never had a taste for diet anything lol.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    runfoorun wrote: »
    You're off to a great start. There's nothing wrong with going to the gym everyday. Just change it up each day to avoid injury. When your weight loss slows downs that's when the real determination needs to set in. Ignore any slow progress or plateaus you have along the way and keep at it. If you slip up and eat horribly for a day or two or three, don't sweat it. It happens. Get back to it. Good luck.

Thank you. Im not looking forward to the plateaus but I know they will happen. I really think that using this app and being truthful to myself along with the support of friend family and members on here will help me get through those times. I havent slipped up yet on my diet but i have had a couple of crazy craving days.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Yesterday was a weigh in day i dropped 12lbs bringing my total lost to 30 lbs bringing me under 400lbs for the first time in 3+ years. Im extremely happy with my progress, it is more than i expected but shows im sticking to the right program. The results are good but i cant be satisfied just yet i have a long way still to go.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! congratulations at getting under 400! That feels great I'm sure. Have you continued getting to the gym every day? That is a great habit to try and make stick...one habit at a time and we will win the lifetime battle!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Nice work! congratulations at getting under 400! That feels great I'm sure. Have you continued getting to the gym every day? That is a great habit to try and make stick...one habit at a time and we will win the lifetime battle!
    Thank you. Yes today was day 16. Im hoping to one day lose count but still be going everyday. Alternating my workout helps keep me fresh and not sore while still gitting in a great workout.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Today will be day 18. Looking forward to getting to the gym after work. Dont get me wrong i like my job but i like my results these first two weeks more. Something a friend told me to do was to write out my plans at the gym for the week. It helped a lot on weight lifting day instead of wondering around on what i should do next, i have a plan that i stick to so after im done with my sets of squats i move onto bench press and so on. It makes the gym not seem so overwhelming.
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Frankie keep up the good work
  • frankie5152
    Options
    bklyngal72 wrote: »
    That's awesome Frankie keep up the good work
    thank you. I will.

• frankie5152
    Options
    My first goal was to get under 400lbs check second goal was to complete 21 days of going to the gym, check. Now i just keep going and keep eating right forever lol but truly thats what i want. I want to be able to walk into any clothing store and be able to buy anything that i like rather than going to a couple of specialized stores that carry my size clothing. I want to tie my shoes and not be out of breath. I want to walk up a couple flights of stairs and not need to take a break to collect myself. But this is by far my best start. Im proud of what i have done so far but im not satisfied yet. More work to be done
  • frankie5152
    Options
    I havent updated this in a long time. But i have lost 100lbs now and i completed the C25K app all thats left to do is run a 5K that i am signed up for on Oct 24th. Im excited to see my finish time cause i work hard at traing for this event every week. My genral mood has been such a huge improvement and other have noticed as well. I have more energy and look for reason to get out and go do things when i can. I stick to a pretty good diet of salads, or chicken rice and vegetables but i have my cheat days where i dont worry about what im eating instead it is more about how much of it i am, which is good cause i love food. If anyone has questions plz add me and send me a message.9ioni0ijykbk.jpg