Gnocchi - not sure if it would go with this dish?

Options
Hi all

So I was planning on frying some chicken, bacon, garlic, mushrooms and broccoli tonight and then stirring in some Philadelphia cream cheese and serving with wholewheat spaghetti.
However I wondered if Gnocchi would go with it instead of the spaghetti?

I noticed the macros for Gnocchi are a lot lower than the spaghetti - I've never eaten it before though so would it make a good meal served with the above?
I don't really know what you'd normally serve it with!
Thanks

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It would be fine, although I don't know if you're talking about traditional potato gnocchi, ricotta gnocchi, gnudi, etc
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    Options
    Oh sorry, I didn't know there were different types! I'm a Gnocchi virgin :)
    It's traditional potato gnocchi.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

I love gnocchi and have it fairly often in place of pasta. I'd never noticed a significant difference in macros, I just eat it 'cause I like it, now I have another reason to enjoy it :smile:
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

I love gnocchi and have it fairly often in place of pasta. I'd never noticed a significant difference in macros, I just eat it 'cause I like it, now I have another reason to enjoy it :smile:

I'm excited now to try it, I love finding new foods!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Sounds freaking delicious!! Let us know how it turns out!
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well I went to the shop where they sell the fresh pasta etc - and they were out of Gnocchi - haha typical!!
    I don't know how to make it so I just used wholemeal spaghetti instead.
    It was YUM, I added in a chopped baby leak too.
    The whole thing tasted kind of like a Carbonara, I didn't feel like I'd had 'healthy' food at all! Delicious.