Tummy tuck advice anyone who's been there

Options
so last Tuesday I had a tummy tuck and mons pubis reduction following a 360 body lift in January 2015. I wanted to ask if anyone who has had a TT what sort of calorie count you were doing as I heard you generally need a bit more then normal for healing? Myth or not

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this particular surgery, but generally lots of protein and lots of fluids are good when you are healing. I generally don't count calories right after surgery, but I tend to eat very lightly and haven't gained more than a pound or two during recover periods.

Do your discharge instructions give you any clues about what to do?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    OT but your avatar is KICKASS!
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this particular surgery, but generally lots of protein and lots of fluids are good when you are healing. I generally don't count calories right after surgery, but I tend to eat very lightly and haven't gained more than a pound or two during recover periods.

Do your discharge instructions give you any clues about what to do?

They don't really just told about the proteins, I obviously have a calorie goal for maintaining each day but wasn't sure how recovery would effect my daily cal intake each day
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    OT but your avatar is KICKASS!

Thank you!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find out what exercise and when after abdominoplasty and upper abs repair - I have mine on 10th Oct. Cant wait but HATE that I am out of the weightlifting til Christmas. How soon can I use a stationary bike for instance??
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wondering how much something like that costs?
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wondering how much something like that costs?

I have no idea of costs as I was with the NHS for both mine
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    I am trying to find out what exercise and when after abdominoplasty and upper abs repair - I have mine on 10th Oct. Cant wait but HATE that I am out of the weightlifting til Christmas. How soon can I use a stationary bike for instance??

I got told to go a full month only walking and then see where I am and how I am feeling to start upping it
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm having a TT with no muscle repair on Oct. 26. I've been researching realself.com for all my questions and concerns. That site is awesome! I suggest maybe go there and get some answers. They've sure got plenty! 8-) GL!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    I'm having a TT with no muscle repair on Oct. 26. I've been researching realself.com for all my questions and concerns. That site is awesome! I suggest maybe go there and get some answers. They've sure got plenty! 8-) GL!

Hope all goes well Dana
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Look at the site Real Self. I had one last year, was not hungry at all for two weeks post op. Listen to your body, it's going to tell you what you need. It's going to need nourishment to recover.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My TT was 8k in 2010. He did a bit of Lipo too. The important thing to know over the food issues is that your belly won't be flat for a few months. The swelling takes a while to go down. That was very frustrating for me. If I remember correctly I could walk (for exercise) after a month but no ab exercises for 3 months. Check with your dr.

Real self website is a great source of info and others' experience.

Even though I've put some weight back on, my stomach is still very flat. The weight just went to other places :-/.

Good luck!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    My TT was 8k in 2010. He did a bit of Lipo too. The important thing to know over the food issues is that your belly won't be flat for a few months. The swelling takes a while to go down. That was very frustrating for me. If I remember correctly I could walk (for exercise) after a month but no ab exercises for 3 months. Check with your dr.

Real self website is a great source of info and others' experience.

Even though I've put some weight back on, my stomach is still very flat. The weight just went to other places :-/.

Good luck!

Thanks I seem to of been very flat right after with not too much bloat or water weight. 8k is awesome mine came in at £11,500 but thank god I was able to get this with my GP! Thank you for the exercise info !
  • Pretty_Little_Nobody
    Options
    Hey! Wondering what steps you took with the NHS to secure this surgery. As I get closer to my goal it's becoming more obvious that I will need this, to the point that a nurse whilst donating blood asked me if I was going to have it because of the sag of my upper arms!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Hey! Wondering what steps you took with the NHS to secure this surgery. As I get closer to my goal it's becoming more obvious that I will need this, to the point that a nurse whilst donating blood asked me if I was going to have it because of the sag of my upper arms!

I would suggest going to your GP and get the ball rolling way before your goal weight cause tbh my "goal" was not bmi correct and I needed to keep losing and it's all recorded for your case, good luck!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    And be prepared for them to tell you you need to be at their goal weight for a minimum of 2 years.....
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    And be prepared for them to tell you you need to be at their goal weight for a minimum of 2 years.....
    Is must be regional as once I reached my BMI I was then given the go ahead so not everyone needs to wait 2years
  • deea28314
    deea28314 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Listen to your body... You won't be able to eat a while lot after surgery. Drink protein shakes and plenty of water.
  • Pretty_Little_Nobody
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Wondering when is the best time to even approach for it, as I'm not at the weight i want to be yet. Is it worth waiting?
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you have snapchat look up "therealdrmaimi" he does them in real time. You can see how it's done