The Struggle is Real.

Options
I am an Army Veteran. I have had multiple surgeries to repair function and ease nerve damage pain. So far exercise has been spotty and slow. Looking for friends to help push me to keep me going through this dofficult time.

Replies

• TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Recovery sucks, trust me, but taking it slow is the best option and you can totally do this! I'm recovering after a dislocation and fracture over the summer due to a joint disorder I have x.x Nothing in comparison to yours but it totally sucks and I completely sympathize.

Shooting you a friend request too =]
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband broke his leg in June 2012 and has had 6 reconstructive surgeries.. about to have #7 if all goes well with next consult. Infection, nerve damage and pain, tissue loss.. it's all taken a toll, not to mention the stress of just not being able to be yourself and get up and go when you want.

The best you can do is do what you can when you can. Some days and weeks even, it just won't be there. Push just a little, each day to do something. SOMETHING. Even if it's just chair exercises, etc.

You have accomplished so much just by being a Veteran and serving your country. You CAN do this!

Thank you for your service!
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! Secondly, a full recovery is so important! And as long as you take things slow, and let all of your strength build back up, you should be back at full strength...and I would say bad assery..... but you're already bad *kitten*!! B)
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Even though you've gotta take it slow and steady, that's the best way anyhow. I sure hope you have a swift recovery, and I hope you don't mind I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • angel_fire35
    angel_fire35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your service...much respect for you. Feel free to add me and we can keep eachother in line..don't worry you'll get there :)
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service!!
    You can add me! I am currently rehabbing as well and the struggle is real!!! The mental part has been the hardest for me...but I am getting way more active now so it's better. Lets do this!!!