Food Boredom

Options
I'm struggling with easy low cal food to take to work with me. I am good on snacks, but I need ideas for lunch. Where I work does not have a refrigerator, and my lunch break is typically 4 hours after I get to work. I have been doing the smart ones meals since they are frozen and can keep out of the cool temps longer, but I'm bored with those. Any suggestions?

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches on whole grain bread,...
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I find inspiration from looking at peoples diary. Always see stuff I would never have thought of or put together.
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What about using a mini cooler and ice packs or frozen water bottles? I do this for work myself. I work on the road doing blacktop repair and sealing.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Invest in a small cool-bag and take salad with chicken or fish to work - 'peanut butter' - take a look at the cals and bin it...
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What about using a mini cooler and ice packs or frozen water bottles? I do this for work myself. I work on the road doing blacktop repair and sealing.

Here's my question with these... I know they keep the food cool, but do you know any that keep it cold. I'm one of those strange individuals that if the food is meant to be cold and it's only cool it kinda grosses me out... I used to do this with turkey sandwiches and it almost made the meat slimy which is why I stopped using them. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind?
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Here's my question with these... I know they keep the food cool, but do you know any that keep it cold. I'm one of those strange individuals that if the food is meant to be cold and it's only cool it kinda grosses me out... I used to do this with turkey sandwiches and it almost made the meat slimy which is why I stopped using them. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind?
    I haven't found a cooler that stays cold for longer than six hours. Even the cig lighter plug ins suck. ( A woman doing road repair? Is that sexy or what??)
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I have to disagree about the peanut butter, that is depending on what kind you get. I buy the one that I grind myself at the store- so you are guaranteed it is only peanuts and like to have it with carrot sticks or apple slices. A tablespoon with some fruit or veggies in under 150 calories and really gives me the energy I need in a snack. I think when it is on bread it can be too caloric but sometimes I event put some on a piece of ezekial bread (or any high fiber bread) folded in half to eat when I get out of the gym. If I don't do that it is hard to make it 45-60 minutes before I can be home to make myself a nice dinner. Beats grabbing a bag of pretzels or any other convenience food.