activity level advice please

Options
Hi I am just struggling on if I should set my normal activity to light or sedentary ???? I average without effort 7500 steps a day. I do get more during the day that's without trying just working. I have a lot of weight to lose as well. I have started working out 3-5days a week for 40-60 minutes I don't plan on eating back those calories. I also use a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to count those calories burned.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest sedentary then add on workouts and any other vigorous activity.
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am sedentary and the amount of calories MFP would suggest would be very low. If I ate that I would all my muscle mass. 3-4 days a week workouts and I consider it moderately active with the TDEE formula with an activity factor of 1.5.

Start with higher calories (lightly active) and see how it goes you can always lower it if you are gaining.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    If you're getting 7500 steps I'd go with lightly active. I have my Fitbit connected to MFP and have my activity level set to lightly active and when I hit about 6000 steps it starts giving me more calories.

On a side note, you need to fuel your workouts, you may want to consider eating some of those workout calories back.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I work of "sedentary" and log my activity.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Go with Sedentary and log the exercise.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'll echo every one else :)

Sedentary + log exercise.