appetite enhancers?

Options
What do you think of prescription/non precipitation drugs, and/or natural herbs to increase appetite/hunger? Any positives, or negatives, what do you think?

Replies

• shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Apetamin
  • klevishaskurti
    klevishaskurti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke weed to try and "stimulate my appetite", thinking it would make me hungry and I would reach my calorie goal.

In reality it just locked me to the couch and I couldn't be bothered to get up and cook something, or even microwave anything. I ended up not eating all day/night and going to bed on an empty stomach way under my calorie goal, but the marijuana hid the hunger pains.

Any non prescription pill claiming to increase your appetite is fake.

The way I actually started increasing my appetite was simply by eating and lifting more. Increasing my energy expenditure meant I was hungrier, and eating more meant I conditioned myself to eat more and have bigger portions. My stomach was getting wider and my eating habits better.

That's the real and only way to do it. Just get started. It's hard and frustrating at points but power through it and you will find yourself at a good weight without realising how you got there. There is no magic shortcut.

• Steve_Paul
    Steve_Paul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried digestive enzymes? They dont increase appetite per se, but they do help in dealing with the food you have consumed faster so you can eat more frequently. Also help with bloat too.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    no

lift weights

Yep... lifting heavy makes me ridiculously hungry.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've also been looking for something similar for a while now. Exercise helps stimulate it some, but once you consume enough food there's no way around it that I know of. Eating can be just a hard as working out.

Forget want. Decide to eat.
  • nataliem339
    nataliem339 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apetamin

That stuff works!
  • dstromley90
    dstromley90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ghrelin. Theres a few supplements on the market that work very well. To well actually.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Eat consistent, at set times of the day. Every day.
    That way your body will come to expect it and probably create a hunger feeling in anticipation. Kinda like a pavlof effect.
    Don't force yourself to eat more than you are comfortable with, because then younwill struggle at your next meal. Over time eating at consistent times your ability tomeat larger portions will most likely increase.

Working out is also a great way to increase hunger.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    More carbs will make you hungry and fatten you up in no time