Just started Insanity again...and need help

After a hernia surgery, three months ago, and a knee injury, I decided to get back in shape. I first tried Insanity, but stopped because I was hurting to much. Well, after reading stories about extremely overweight individuals and elderly people doing insanity, I started to do it again.

The key for me is modifying a lot of the moves such as squats and pushups. It is kicking my butt, but it also is making my feet hurt as well. I brought cross trainers and gym mats to cushion the impact, but the balls of my feet hurt more than the rest of my body.

Did anyone else experience this? if so, what did you do to relieve the pain?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Insanity is an intense programme. I consider myself fairly fit and I really struggled with the first work-out alone. Altering the work-out to suit your capabilities sounds like a good idea but keep in mind that Insanity isn't the only option. There are plenty of other work-out's you could be doing that aren't as physically demanding but still give you a fantastic over-all work-out. The last thing you want to do is injure yourself more so take it easy and listen to your body :)
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Totally agree. It's just that Insanity has been the only workout that helped me to lose weight fast. This time around I'm modifying alot of the exercises and paying cloae attention to my form and body.
  • francisawebb
    francisawebb Posts: 1 Member
    I started Insanity on Monday so am on day 4.. i'm relatively fit but it is tough. I find it is impossible to keep up with the pace of Shaun T and friends, so I focus on getting the Form perfect however slow I am. Remember it is a long programme we have time!
  • AmandaFulmer2015
    AmandaFulmer2015 Posts: 2 Member
    This is my second attempt at Insanity as well. To be honest, ShaunT annoys the crap out of me. But I am almost done with month one now, and I hurt a lot in the beginning. But I think my knees /muscles supporting my knees, are getting stronger now and I have less pain. I am looking forward to next week though. Recovery week
  • irejb
    This is my second attempt at Insanity as well. To be honest, ShaunT annoys the crap out of me. But I am almost done with month one now, and I hurt a lot in the beginning. But I think my knees /muscles supporting my knees, are getting stronger now and I have less pain. I am looking forward to next week though. Recovery week

I hope that my knees and joint get stronger as well. Congratulations on getting through month one.
  • irejb
    I started Insanity on Monday so am on day 4.. i'm relatively fit but it is tough. I find it is impossible to keep up with the pace of Shaun T and friends, so I focus on getting the Form perfect however slow I am. Remember it is a long programme we have time!
    Im on my third day and am also taking it slow. I find myself taking a lot of breaks. I'm just hoping that I will improve during second week.

Good luck on your Insanity journey.