Struggling with chocolate

Options
I do well all day then come bed I want chocolate

Replies

• hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So, portion out 1 serving of high quality chocolate.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world ;) Haha!
    Save up some calories for your evening chocolate snack! No need to cut it out completely.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You are probably just hungry. I wonder how many calories you ate all day. If you did eat enough calories and are not hungry then perhaps you just lack commitment.

Entertaining thoughts about chocolate in the way you describe will lead to your downfall if you continue to do it.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I try to make it fit. The world would be an ugly place if I couldn't eat chocolate. I find if I get really dark chocolate, like 85% I can only eat a few squares and am happy.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @sarahsignatureweave255 I found out it was as much or more the sugar that I was after when it came to chocolate.

Now I add a tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa that is 100% Cacao natural unsweetened to my first cup of coffee each day. It does have 10 calories due to 3 grams of carbs but 2 grams are dietary fiber.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a little chocolate! Reduced sugar hot cocoa, dark chocolate square etc.! Don't deny yourself anything! You should be able to have everything in moderation. People do better with weight loss if they eat what they like and I like real food!!!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Slowly switch to 74% dark chocolate till you get used to the lower sugar. Then take off one piece for the end of day - wrap the rest up and put it in a different place and make it hard to grab "just one more piece".
  • jillmcafee
    jillmcafee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicles! One is something like 40 calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate has much more chocolate flavor. I keep some in the freezer. Ghiradelli squares are individually wrapped.

I have to figure out how to manage chocolate consumption eventually because I won't be chocolate free for life.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I eat 2 or 3 Dove dark chocolate promises every single day. It's @ 100 calories, I make it fit, it makes me happy :). Sometimes when you completely ban something, it just makes you want it more!
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like M&Ms for my chocolate fix. I can savor a bag for like an hour while watching a movie. Its a great treat, really satisfying, and honestly not a terrible calorie hit. It feels more indulgent than it is. The crispy ones are like 170 and the regular are 250 or something? If I run, its pretty easy to fit in.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I try to make it fit. The world would be an ugly place if I couldn't eat chocolate. I find if I get really dark chocolate, like 85% I can only eat a few squares and am happy.

Agree. I could easily demolish several hundred calories of milk chocolate in a sitting, but anything over 80% is really satisfying, even a very small piece.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I diagnose "comfort food", with a dose of "habit". If you've got the allowance, go for it. If you don't, you can make hot cocoa with a little stevia or splenda. I like adding a dash of cinnamon. Make it a ritual and take your time eating or drinking it. Get yourself in a warm, happy place. Don't waste the experience or you might demand another chocolate to make up for what you just missed.

A complimentary ten minute breathing meditation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFX9Wn70eM
  • MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I diagnose "comfort food", with a dose of "habit". If you've got the allowance, go for it. If you don't, you can make hot cocoa with a little stevia or splenda. I like adding a dash of cinnamon. Make it a ritual and take your time eating or drinking it. Get yourself in a warm, happy place. Don't waste the experience or you might demand another chocolate to make up for what you just missed.

A complimentary ten minute breathing meditation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFX9Wn70eM
    This is such great advice - a lot of times late night eating is just comfort/boredom eating!
  • Reggieroysmith1
    Reggieroysmith1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know u r right I'm in such a bad habit
    Thank xx
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I always eat cottage cheese and,crackers before bed..
  • Reggieroysmith1
    Options
    I know u r right I'm in such a bad habit
    Thank xx

I defo need to cut down family size bars is slightly over board x
  • Reggieroysmith1
    Options
    I always eat cottage cheese and,crackers before bed..

Yes I like that, sounds good
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, my. Chocolate is good. A very, very good habit. In small doses.

If you are looking for the "perfect" end of day snack, how about hard cheese? It will reduce dental caries.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    add wine and I am in