Apple Watch

Options

Replies

• BradleyEast1974
    BradleyEast1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    I love mine! I love the Stand Up feature. (quite surprised by that). I get up, walk around and do body weight squats in the ladies room if no one else is there. :)

I also love being able to get texts without pulling out my phone. I always have my phone on 'mute' at work, and love that I can get the haptics on my wrist so I don't miss it.

Really, I'm as lost without it as I am without my phone....
    I can't wait for all the new apps now that the new ios is out....

I know !!! It's the best !!!
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    Have had mine for 2 weeks and it only comes off my wrist for showers, swimming and charging. I do wish the calorie burns were more accurate though, and the resting calories quoted seem too high.

I love mine!!! Ready for watch OS2 !!! Hopefully in next few days !!!
  • scarletvikarby
    scarletvikarby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fsd2k1rt9soi.png

I love mine and an addicted to earning the achievements. I've had mine since April 24th and have worn it every day since! ❤️⌚️
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    Holy crap !!! I need to bulk up on mine !! Only a few achievements
  • angreed65
    angreed65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband insisted on getting an Apple Watch for me, and I love it, especially for the activity rings & the fitness app. It's really motivated me to move more, and I like earning achievements!

I like getting notifications on my wrist too.
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    Smart man !!! They are the best !!!!
  • InvincibleJ
    InvincibleJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought my watch (gold Sports) on Wednesday night and absolutely love it already! This is just the thing i need to track my progress. Went to Boots yesterday to weigh myself and get a reading of BF%.

Love the app installed but wondered if anyone could recommend a good app to track my British Military Fitness classes? There's general running and sprints involved but what's the best way to monitor all the sit ups, press ups. Squat/lunges reps we do? Was shocked to see I ran 4.5k in a class on Thursday, so pleased!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There is no new watch coming out at this time. At least that's what I was told at the Apple store. The only thing that happened was iOS9.
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    There is no new watch coming out at this time. At least that's what I was told at the Apple store. The only thing that happened was iOS9.

Not watch but iOS 2 for Apple Watch. Was supposed to come out last Monday, but being delayed. Hopefully this week!! =)
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    I bought my watch (gold Sports) on Wednesday night and absolutely love it already! This is just the thing i need to track my progress. Went to Boots yesterday to weigh myself and get a reading of BF%.

Love the app installed but wondered if anyone could recommend a good app to track my British Military Fitness classes? There's general running and sprints involved but what's the best way to monitor all the sit ups, press ups. Squat/lunges reps we do? Was shocked to see I ran 4.5k in a class on Thursday, so pleased!

Wow !!! I've used the "open exercise" with no goal setting when I weight lift since it's not an option.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Wow !!! I've used the "open exercise" with no goal setting when I weight lift since it's not an option.

I also use "other" as well. I love my Apple Watch but I do think the calorie counts are too high. I've compensated by reducing my MFP calorie target.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    HRMs use a formula for calorie burn that assumes steady state cardio.
    I don't think you should be trying to measure your cardio burn during a lifting routine using 'other', unless you're doing cross-training workout. (i.e. mixing cardio with weights)

I do Stronglifts, but actually don't turn on the workout feature for this routine.

I'm expecting new apps and updates to the exercise app with the new ios release.
    Maybe we'll get something specifically tailored to weight lifting.
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    That would be great !!!
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. The myfitnesspal app for Apple watch, however, suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Like almost all pre-OS2 apps, it's laughably slow, and if you do not let MFP track steps (I don't), the app always crashes.

I'm hoping they release a workable MFP app for the watch, but I ain't holding my breath. The regular iOS MFP app is terrible, so I'm not expecting much for the watch.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    what model do you guys recommend? is the sports version enough?
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love my Apple Watch. Have had it since June but I was initially afraid that step tracking wasn't going to be as good as my Fitbit. Within a week I gave the Fitbit away. Love the built in heart rate monitor for workouts

I have the sport and my husband has next level up. They are virtually identical. I say save your money and get the sport. You can always purchase the fancier bands separately.
  • ajesmum
    ajesmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you wear your Apple Watch religiously? I do! Keeps me on track !!!

I did when I first received it; now it's a hit and miss -- don't like wearing it when I'm lifting but will when doing cardio.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Shoechick5 wrote: »
    what model do you guys recommend? is the sports version enough?
    They're all identical internally, so it's purely visual and how robust they are. I've got the 38mm sports, and it's more than enough. And with third party straps being readily available now, it's easier to change the look when you feel like it.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I got the Sport Watch yesterday. Loving it!! Feels so strange though to not wear my fitbit for the first time in years.