5'7" female, looking to lose 40 (ish)lbs!

Options
Hi,
I'm currently at my highest weight in 2 years. Just a few months ago, I was only 8lbs away from my goal but then was diagnosed with an eating disorder (binge eating disorder) and had to take a break from MFP, food and just weight loss in general in order to get a healthy, more balanced view of losing weight healthily. About 2.5 years ago, I was at my lowest weight on 150lbs. I'm currently 169. Ideal weight would be around 130 for me. If I feel comfortable at a higher weight, then great. But for now, that's the goal.

I joined MFP in 2012 but deleted my old account as part of my recovery. But I'm better now and ready to start over!

I'm looking for friends/motivation and maybe anyone who has a similar goal in mind.

I'm also going to be tracking my body fat percentage and measurement in addition to weights. I'm starting heavy weight lifting. I'm using the book "Thinner Leaner Stronger" by Michael Matthews as a guide. It'a a really great book. Very informational yet basic. Just tells you what you need to know. And the program is simple. In and out of the gym in an hour or less everyday. You can purchase it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Thinner-Leaner-Stronger-Building-Ultimate/dp/1938895290. (*Word of advice, buy the paper back version over the kindle version. It's easier to find things in the paperback copy*)

Anyways, anyone who wants to add me as a friend please do. My diary is always open and viewable. Let's do this thang!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back on board :]

First of all, congratulations and well done on your inspiring recovery. It's not easy to overcome ED's so I have every respect for you. Second of all, make sure you make your doctor/therapist aware of your weight loss plans. It's absolutely vital that you have a strong, solid support system surrounding you throughout this process. It is very easy to fall back on old behaviours and I really don't want that to be an issue for you - so reach out where necessary and ensure you have that ongoing support around you. Lastly, be aware of how you are feeling throughout this entire process. Take it easy on yourself, know when to recognize when things are becoming tough or overwhelming and don't be afraid to reach out on MFP. We'll help you.

Good luck and be happy.
  • TALISMAN547
    TALISMAN547 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am 5' 7 at present 168lbs looking to get to 138lbs + although been logging my food everyday just the last few days got serious about it. My motivation is a dress in my wardrobe which next year would like to wear to Andre Reiu concert in Maastericht. Feel free to add me - good luck!
  • antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6 looking to go from 168 to about 140-147 :)
  • akitzman1
    akitzman1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat too. I have done so many diets and fitness plans that I could write a book. But enough is enough. We are all going reach our goals!!!
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    5'7" male here, who also needs to shed 40 lbs. Friend me if you'd like. I'm in!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello still looking for another MFP friend? I'm 5.7 CW is 175lbs. SW was 230+. GW 160 then 140.
    I just bought the book as well and love it! I would love to exchange thoughts and ideas about.
    Add me
  • MadelyneOliver916
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm ashamed to admit i'm 5'7'' and 178 lbs. I have had a lot of health issues while balancing full time work and full time graduate school so I have put on a lot of weight. I just started this app and really hoping it will help me cut calories and stick to routine. My goal is to lose 30 lbs by next April and then another 10 lbs after that. Friend me if you like! I'm experimenting with the shredder diet and exercise, as well as doing Dr. Oz recipes for protein smoothies and dinners. I'm in!