Cancer Survivor looking for Motivation and Support to get back to a healthier me!!!

Options
Hi all:

My name is Marion and in December 2014 after a major neck dissection was diagnosed with Stage 4a Tonsil Cancer. In February/March I underwent daily radiation treatments and 5 rounds of Chemo. Since surgery I lost 40lbs, however this was not healthy weight loss as I lost far too much muscle mass. I'm currently 180 lbs. my goal weight is 140 lbs. 140 healthy pounds that is, so I'm hoping to build back some muscle and get rid of the fat.

I'm looking for people to join with me in my journey and I I'd like to join in yours. Because I now have a new normal (things will never be as they were before the cancer) I'm finding motivation is a somewhat lacking, however I am determined to become the best me I can be.

So if you'd like someone to join in your journey and are interested in being a part of mine, I welcome you to friend me and let's become the strongest, and healthiest we can be ...

Marion

Replies

• lizvision
    lizvision Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am a cancer survivor, and it's tough to get used to my new body after so many surgeries. I'd love to join you in your journey!
  • Bmar26
    Bmar26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lizvision wrote: »
    I too am a cancer survivor, and it's tough to get used to my new body after so many surgeries. I'd love to join you in your journey!
    Happy to have you join with me, in this journey and happy to be a part of yours. Looking forward to hearing your story (if you'd like to share) message me anytime.
  • BrianMarzen
    BrianMarzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you and happy to be so! I've been diagnosed w/stage 4 rectal cancer w/mets to the liver and am currently on my third round of chemo. I've always been active, but have had to make adjustment to my weigh trading since my diagnosis in September of this year. Just trying to maintain a business as usual attitude. Sending good vibes your way! Best of luck in your endeavors!
  • humphrys
    humphrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another cancer experience here. Figuring out and coming to terms with the post surgery/treatment body is a challenge. Hoping to figure it out too. Best of luck!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am not a cancer survivor but I have a chronic autoimmune disease (Crohn's) and I am on "chemo" and severely immune suppressed. I just rejoined the gym trying to get my strength back before my next flare