Falling off the wagon

Options
I just lost two pounds!! But we recently went out of town and had to stay in a hotel. All they had to eat was bread foods (muffins, waffles, French toast, fatty cereals) I tried to eat as healthy as I could but now I'm having trouble staying on track. Just today I've eaten twice the amount of junk food I normally would. Help me get back on track?

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on that wagon.

Joking aside though don't beat yourself up over it and tell yourself tomorrow is another day. Eat good choices for the rest of today don't tell yourself because I'm already over my calories I'll just carry on eating junk. Everyone has a bad day or week now and again.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on that wagon.

Joking aside though don't beat yourself up over it and tell yourself tomorrow is another day. Eat good choices for the rest of today don't tell yourself because I'm already over my calories I'll just carry on eating junk. Everyone has a bad day or week now and again.

^^^this.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try and remember everything you ate...log it and continue on. A bit of overindulgence is a mild setback. Start to think about eating good nutrition and skip the junk food to a lower amount and stay within your calorie range. It wont be long before you will be back on track. Be mindful with good choices. Stop and think for a good few minutes before eating what you are considering as junk. It will eventually pass. Sometimes we are thirsty and we have a hard time distinguishing thirst for hunger. Try drinking some water and carry on. Good luck on your journey.
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty crummy weekend and honestly, I felt like poo after. Not to mention the disappointment of breaking a pretty solid losing streak. :( But I logged it all, dedicated myself to picking right back up where I left off, and moved on. I find drinking a ton of water helps, as does making a point to move more. Go for a walk today, do a quickie workout video, anything to get you moving. But make the commitment to do it, and follow through.

Don't get discouraged! Know that this is a journey and sometimes you get off track. You are worth the work, your health is work the work, and you can do it!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and move on - tomorrow is a new day :)

There are times where I have 'OH FORGET IT' days <-- not generally recommended but I'm the type of person that has no trouble getting back on track. These days don't effect the process for me because I am aware of them and I wake up the next day to a fresh set of calories and choices. You're doing fine!