Needing support

Options
2»

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you can't out exercise a bad diet. I exercised all through the holidays, like 5 days a week. I also was on the cookie diet. Cookies for breakfast, cookies for lunch, and a sensible dinner. lol. I lost nothing.
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lacye7 wrote: »
    I have a strange work schedule that fluctuates and I'm in my car for the majority of my shift. This makes healthy eating a struggle. I'm trying to make up for the sitting all day by hitting the gym.

I'm in the same boat. Drive a lot for my job. I try to plan ahead and pack a lunch. I bought a thermos to keep soups warm and an ice pack/lunchbox for most everything else. Plus, I bring lots of water!

Feel free to add me. I'm 5'4" with about 80 lbs to lose.

• looseitalready
    Options
    lacye7 wrote: »
    I am at my heaviest. I need to lose 40lbs. I have been in the gym for the last few weeks. I am doing cardio and weights. It seems the longer I do this, the higher my weight goes.

Also, I can't find a workout partner for the gym. It's hard to find someone near by with a similar schedule and goals.

Any advice is welcome!

Eastern NC

• lacye7
    lacye7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not on any medications. I will avoid eating until I get home just to avoid the drive thru.

My sleep pattern is wacky. My shift can change over night. I can be on days today and switch to nights tomorrow. I am a law enforcement officer. Sometimes I don't have time for a bathroom break much less a healthy meal.

I'm trying my best to make changes to that and compensate on my off duty time.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ^^If you truly want answers to your problems, these are the kind of replies you need to pay special attention to.

thanks for trying, but Ive been banging my head against a brick wall here for too many years already. you only find what you're looking for, unfortunately :(
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So your journey has started, get a supportive friends list and you are half way there. It works I have lost 46kg. Good luck
  • coachRichie
    coachRichie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Consistency and hard work will prevail. It is great that you have started to go the gym and by doing both weight training and cardio workouts you will see results.. Just do not expect it to happen over night. Remember it took a long time to put on the weight and it should and will take a long time to take off the weight as well.
    Do not starve yourself.. make sure you are eating healthy meals throughout the day and snacking on healthy foods.
    As far as a gym partner goes.. meh.. not really necessary but I guess some people need someone to push them.
    I just find most people that workout together are usually doing more talking than working out.. I prefer to put on my headphones some really good motivating music and go to it. 1 hour at the gym for me and I am soaked with sweat compared to the ones that are there together working out and talking.. they never seem to break out in a sweat.