Looking for nursing mama friends!

Trying to lose weight while breastfeeding. Looking for others in the same boat! Please reach out!

Replies

• ladybuglady15
    ladybuglady15 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi there! Exclusively breastfeeding and currently 6 weeks postpartum. Pre-pregnancy I was 185 and ended at 229. Down to 205 now but I've hit a plateau and have been there for 3 weeks.
  • Hi mama! I have a 5 month old (and an almost 3 year old). I was 242 when I had number 2 (yikes!) but am down to 183ish. Trying to get back to 152. Exclusively breastfeeding as well!
  • lainathompson1
    lainathompson1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey. I have a three year old and an almost five month old. I'm at 225lb and trying so hard to continue losing weight. did you moms use any diet supplements? Terrified of trying anything while my son is still breastfed.
  • ladybuglady15
    ladybuglady15 Posts: 17 Member
    I haven't tried any supplements, and don't really want to dabble with them too much out of fear as well. Not only with it affecting supply but making sure the ingredients are what baby can have. I haven't really changed my eating at this point other than tracking and getting a baseline since breastfeeding moms aren't supposed to actively diet until after 2 months (to make sure a milk supply is well established). With that being said, I've cut out a majority of the milk-based products I eat over the last 3 days (little one might have a sensitivity) and got on the scale this morning to see that I've lost a pound and a half. It's amazing how foods we think are good for us can actually be hindering us along the way! Trial and error.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    New here with 5 month old twins. I'm not BF'ing anymore but I recently stopped. Congratulations to al you new moms :)
    I lost all but 10 lbs. my hardest part is not having time to exercise. Any advice?
  • ajones421
    ajones421 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello Ladies, I have a week old and redirecting my focus on healthy eating and weight loss. I am exclusively breastfeeding and it is slightly exhausting of course. Just looking for motivation and accountability. I will be adding you ladies. :smiley:
  • suebell8815
    suebell8815 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Ladies! I'm 4 weeks PP and have about 40 pounds I'd like to lose. 15 will get me to pre-preg weight but I have more to lose so that's my goal. I'm not exercising much at this point besides a short walk every once in awhile. I haven't been cleared for exercise yet (hopefully at my 6 week PP check up) but even then it'll be tough finding time. I'm hoping to be determined and successful so I can get healthy for my little girl!
  • Caithal
    Caithal Posts: 1 Member
    My son is 6 months and now onto some purees but of course getting most nutrition from the breast. I wanted to wait until he was 6 months to try to lose weight so my supply wasn't affected. I'm down 30, just by eating my regular meals and walking with him in the moby but I'd like to loose another 70 before I am a maid of honor in a wedding next year!
  • mstark87
    mstark87 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015
    ydyms wrote: »
    New here with 5 month old twins. I'm not BF'ing anymore but I recently stopped. Congratulations to al you new moms :)
    I lost all but 10 lbs. my hardest part is not having time to exercise. Any advice?

I struggle with that too! No twins, but 2 boys, SUPER energetic 2yr old and 2 months. BF is so time consuming...
  • afLMC1990
    afLMC1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! My son is 12 weeks old, I was 117 and got up to 152 at delivery. Lost 15lbs from delivery amd been stuck at 137 ever since. We have been fortunate enough to exclusively breastfeed, even since returning to work a few weeks ago.

I am only 5' so I would like to get back down to 110 ideally, but anything below 120 would suffice lol :)

I also have a 2 year old daughter, I lost all of my baby weight within 3 weeks, but she was exclusively formula fed.
  • Nekaboo312
    Nekaboo312 Posts: 13 Member
    I just had a baby and this is baby #3. I have a 1 year old son and an oldest daughter who will be 6 this month. I had my baby girl a little over a week ago and started eating healthy with lil or no carbs and I'm down 15 pounds in alittle over a week
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Congrats to all you new moms!!
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Hello! I currently exclusively pump for my soon to be 4 month old. Yet I continue to gain weight. I am now up to 272 with is 12pounds more than when I had him. I want to try to lose without losing any of my ounces
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi moms! I'm exclusively breastfeeding my daughter and trying to lose the weight as well. I'm 5 months pp and weigh 247lbs. Hoping to be healthy for my daughter!
  • magmom5
    magmom5 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey! I'm still breastfeeding my 19 month old daughter. I find if I go under 1500 calories my supply dips. I'm currently 143 and weigh in tmw I delivered her at around 180. Weight has been coming off slowly.. finally had enough and downloaded MFP looking to get down to around 125-130
  • yumirox
    yumirox Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! I'm a breastfeeding mama. I have an 11 week old. I'm an overproducer and pump and donate milk as well! I'd love to add mom friends.
  • darksomebelle
    darksomebelle Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! I'm 4 weeks pp and breastfeeding. Would love to have some nursing mom friends!
  • asl85
    asl85 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I'm almost 6 months post partum. Have lost 15-20 lbs and want to lose another 20 lbs. Mostly breastfeeding plus giving him solids and some formula on occasion. Would love mom friends, especially who nurse and/or work
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    I am almost 9 mos pp and bf-ing. Baby has started solids, but gets most of his nutrition from breastmilk. When I had him, I weighed in at 240 (240!?) and lost 20 of that during his first week. I stalled at 220 for a majority of my 18 week mat leave- even with daily walks. I started MFP again (first time pp) when he was about 4.5 months and that kicked me into a 10 lb weight loss in a matter of just a couple of weeks at a 1950 calorie allotment (that's a lot of food!). I have basically been stuck at 210 ever since- because I stopped tracking and I just barely started up walking again. My Pre preg weight was 193- goal weight 150... So I have got a ways to go... I plan to start logging as I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by Thanksgiving. Diary is open if you want to be friends. :)

Props to the donators and Exclusive pumpers!!