Becoming Healthy for my children

Options
I'm a single mom of two and just started this journey. I was just saying HI to everyone out there to find some support in trying to get healthy for myself and my children. It has opened my eyes to what and how much I eat and I just want to be a stronger and have more energy.

Replies

• RobinMonroe
    Options
    Hi im Robin. im a single mom of 3. and i am doing the exact same thing. trying to get healthy for my children. so i can be around when they are grown. Good luck reaching your goals.
  • vmwelch1229
    vmwelch1229 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! It's just been tough with my family background of meat and potatoes, but I'm trying
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    hi i have 5 kids crazy i know but so much fun i wish i had taken as much time for me as i do for them so now im aiming to lose the 25-30lbs baby weight i gained with them so i can be healthy weight range again instead of overweight bordering obese
    nothing motivates like seeing your kids out run you
    good luck to us all
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    another mummy needing to do this to be healthier for my kids was 20 stone 1 when i started 3 month ago now 16 stone 9 and getting there woop
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So motivational. I am a mommy of two and they are very active. I am nearing the 40 age range in a few and need to do this for myself. I never realized just how much I ate until I found this app for my phone. Amazing how fast the calories add up from this to that and bam before you know it, you are at your limit for the day. But you have the other half of the day still to go. Since I started this (about a week or two ago), I have moderatly cut my junks out. I have splurged here and there, but reassessed and got right back where I need to be. I need to lose about about 80 pounds to be at a healthy weight. WOW, did I just say that??? Boy of boy. It would be awesome to meet other mommies out there that are in the same situation as I am. Motivating each other is a great tool to have.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    im 32 next month and taking my kids out and seeing them be way in front even just walking is kinda scary anything could happen and i wouldnt get there so im aiming to lose another 25lb ish i was 10st 8lbs when i started im at 10stone now the scales will tease me showing 139.8lbs then go back to 140.4lbs but i will get there in the end

i find myself constantly looking at things putting them back and saying no too many calories now look again the blips are what make us human i did so good yesterday then ate chocolate at bedtime and whoops over on calories so today i plan on being a healthy exercise day to compensate as long as i remember no one can do this but me i am the only one to blame fore bad food choices i will get there and when were all super skinny sexy think of the fun we will have shopping lol