Replies

• majorfedfan
    majorfedfan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cascade Ice is like drinking diet soda but without the bad stuff in it
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Knowles thats pomegranite ice tea sounds delicious. Maybe i'll look for some here.

Spleenthief we'll get there:) even if its at a slower pace.. But we'll get there !!

Majorfedfan what does it taste it?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    you will pry diet cola out of my cold, dead hands. Everyone will have a few bad/less healthy habits, I figure this can be one of mine.

This.
  • zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Soda streams are amazing, just plain old carbonated tap water fills the fizz urge for me
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    if your primary goal is plain old, unadulterated weight loss, then don't worry about cutting out diet soda.

the prevailing credo of MFP - the motto, the anthem - is that Calories In be less than Calories Out.

diet soda has zero calories and, as such, can be consumed in unlimited fashion.

(if, like me, you've declared carbohydrates the enemy, then there's more good news - most whiskey has zero carbs, as well...so if you were somebody-who-shall-remain-nameless over here and happened to enjoy one or two George Dickel Black Label and Diet Dr. Peppers every now and then...well, you'll have to figure in the whiskey calories, but none from the soda.)

now...having said that, if you're looking at weight loss as a component of a bigger-picture commitment to improving your health, then google "Aspartame" and start reading some of the search results. (and note the irony of the fact that the Snopes rebuttal was written by an official from the FDA, the organization responsible for foisting the stuff on the world in the first place.)

but once you swear off Aspartame, High Fructose Corn Syrup won't be far behind, and the next thing you know, you'll have narrowed your diet down to tree bark and the random cucumbers that you've grown in a flowerpot behind your kitchen sink.

there's a happy medium in there somewhere...my happy medium is that i can't dodge every bullet that flies my way, so I moderate as best as I can. I've lost over 50 pounds drinking diet soda all the way. your mileage may vary, but give the notion of quitting as much of a voice as you're able to hear without derailing you.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I dont drink my calories. Gave pepsi up 7 years ago. I drink vitamin water o orange or lemonade.
    Colas makes me feel bloated and its harder to lose weight ..once in a while i drink skinny girl. Lots of water!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I just started drinking diet soda. Never have before. I'm pretty happy about it actually.

I also drink La Croix sparking water though. The coconut is amazing (and works well with rum)
  • mstigurl
    mstigurl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MiSo - Coke Zero and the "New" Diet Pepsi own me. You are not alone. No tips from me for giving it up though, since I know I won't. I do drink iced tea on the weekends, but I put liquid Splenda in it, so it's really no different/better than the diet soda.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with diet soda? :/