Hubby's Boss is not on a diet...

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
My hubby called about an hour ago and told him that his boss informed him that he and the rest of the crew were not on a diet so could I please make them some waffle cake. So, here I am, an hour later, on my day off, making treats for my husbands work...it smells sooooooooooo good in here but so far I have been good and not even sampled! Please hold out self control!

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I know what id have said!!!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    your a good wife! :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    O_o You cook for your husbands co-workers? Where are their wives?
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    You are a better person then me. I would have given them a peice of my mind.
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your husband's boss can make his own blank wafflecake. Unless of course, he is willing to pay you for your time and ingredients.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Be strong! That's nice of you, too. BTW - what's waffle cake?
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Tell them its not a good idea to be well adjusted to a sick society.
    Just because they don't care about their health or what they put in their body doesn't meant you have to conform to what they want.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Your being very nice, but it is your time, and your ingredients that are being used.

Is the hubby's boss going to pay you for this?...
    Obviously, he could go buy it somewhere else and write off the business expense.
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How sweet of you to do! I'm never nice like that, but then again my husband pretty much keeps to himself at work except a few people. Stay strong and keep reminding yourself that one bite isn't worth the calories!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It's very nice of you to do that for them, and I know it must suck smelling that wonderful goodness, but if you're going to continue to be a sweetheart than you're going to have to exercise extra caution or tell them you'll be happy to bring them some other "healthy" snacks....I personally bring in a fruit platter when it's my turn for donut day...of course I bring in donuts too, but I"m hoping they'll make healthy decisions lol...so along with that waffle cake, maybe bring them a bag of apples too...
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Not a regular basis but once every few months. I made it once for them when they had a potluck or something like that and now every few months I get a request.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    So nice of you. I've had coworkers wives do that for my crew and it's usually a nice surprise and sure goes a long way with the fellas!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Not a regular basis but once every few months. I made it once for them when they had a potluck or something like that and now every few months I get a request.
    Well I suppose that counts as a compliment... Hopefully it's a two way street, is there anything his co-workers are doing for you?

Too much to ask for one of them to have lot of fruit trees! :bigsmile: