Diabetes

Options
I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have lost 13 pounds so far. Looking for others who are diabetic and needing to lose weight! I am fighting this....so who is with me??!! :)

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @BellaPyper13 welcome to the MFP forums. There are many diabetics on MFP and its many sub forums. Sounds like you are off to a good start weight wise. Best of success in learning to manage blood sugar level by lifestyle.
  • sach1636
    sach1636 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best luck, I am type 2 from last 7 years. Good friends to control diet and motivate to exercise always helps.
  • billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bella - I was diagnosed with diabetes 13 years ago and weighed over 200 lbs at the time. I lost 65 pounds and to date, I still don't take any medication and mostly control it with diet. I say "mostly" because I tend to re-gain and then lose the same 20-30 pounds over and over again. MFP has been a big help in the past, so I am back after a long absense and could use more friends for support.
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed in July, have lost 24 lbs and am controlling with diet alone. Have lots more weight to lose. I will send a friend request, we can support each other!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I was prediabetic for many years. 2 weeks after I started my journey, my doc gave me the full diagnosis. My glucose and a1c were just barely over the minimum and I think she did this to get my attention and get me checking glucose. With daily walking, strength training, and calorie management, within 3 months my numbers were back into the normal range. I'd lost about 30 lbs during that time. My numbers have stayed normal for the past year.
    I'm due to see her again soon and look forward to her reaction!
    Sw 301
    CW 190
    GW 150
    16 months
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    BellaPyper13,

I have been an insulin-dependent diabetic for at least 2 years & weighed 300 pounds back in Feb2015 when I started my diet (again) and have lost about 47 pounds since then and finally have my post-meal blood sugars under good control. Back in Feb2015, my fasting blood sugar was 300 & my A1C value was 11.2 and now my fasting blood sugars are typically under 100 and my A1C value is 6.8 and I'm hoping to get that down even more by my next lab test in Dec2015. I check my blood sugars about 6-8 times per day to keep a close eye on what's happening with what & how much I eat which MyFitnessPal helps me keep track of with another goal of getting to my goal weight of 155 pounds.

...welcome to MyFitnessPal !
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Been a diabetic T2 for about 21/2 years
    IT took me to January this year to get my act together ( was put on a second lot of pills by my doctor )
    I was very over weight
    I was 302 lbs when I started
    I am 207 lbs now
    I have lost 95 lbs so far ( in about 9 months )
    I am on myfittnesspal every day