Eating after running!!!

Options
So hard to eat after I run! Takes about 4-5hours before I get my appetite back. Any tips?...Treadmill, 60min, 5miles

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I often don't have much of an appetite after running myself. I don't force myself, I may have a few nuts or some plant milk until I do feel hungry.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm starved after a good run. When I used to hit the gym for cardio I'd swing by the coffee shop afterwards and get a hot latte, perhaps if eating isn't an option you could drink back some calories?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Then don't. Rehydrate, stretch, and rest. Your appetite will return in good time.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm always starving after I run! Do you run on a fast (like before eating breakfast)?

Personally I'd probably just eat something regardless, particularly if you're worried about getting enough protien or if you need somethi g to pick you up a bit. Maybe just a protein shake or a banana?
  • chicoadm07
    chicoadm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes I start to rehydrate within 15 minutes of completing my run. Yes 90% of the time I will run on a fast. If I wake up just not feeling energized I will eat a banana or do a protein shake. Just to get some goodness in me.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Just eat once your hungry. Be intuitive
  • chicoadm07
    Options
    True
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i drink some milk. quenches thirst and gives me some protien
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm usually starving and only pancakes will do.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I could eat a horse after my runs...or a bear...a cow...my whole entire garden....
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    chicoadm07 wrote: »
    So hard to eat after I run! Takes about 4-5hours before I get my appetite back. Any tips?...Treadmill, 60min, 5miles

I would say if you don't feel hungry for 4 - 5 hours then don't eat for 4 - 5 hours. I run on the treadmill for an hour 3 times a week I never eat before (I do have a bottle of Gatorade) and if I don't feel hungry afterwards I don't eat.

Unless you are going to be doing anything particularly strenuous in that time period, you don't need to eat!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    chicoadm07 wrote: »

So what is the issue? If your not hungry dont eat??? Of course unless you have a ED.
  • chicoadm07
    Options
    Tennisdude2004 right on!!! Belgerian no ED but not feeling hungry for that long and knowing that I'm suppose to be consuming over 3,000 calories a day to lose weight the right way can be challenging.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Eat those calories from running on days you don't run. Win!
  • chicoadm07
    Options
    Protanser. lol thats actually a brilliant idea.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, after any workout. I only want to eat lot on rest days. If Ifinish at the gym at 5pm I could happily not eat anything until the next day. But everyone scares me with the whole using up lean muscle if I don't hit my calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Then don't. Rehydrate, stretch, and rest. Your appetite will return in good time.
    Agree with that! :)