Who's Willing To Admit This?

Options

Replies

• preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't bother to "complete entry". Doing so or not doesn't have any meaning for me :)
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    rnohou2010 wrote: »
    How many of you have hit the "Complete Entry" button on your app at the end of the day and then continued to eat? I will be the first to admit I have done it on a number of occasions. I am only deceiving myself and hurting myself. Perhaps I should not hit the button until I am in bed with my teeth brushed!

Anytime you see "Michelob Ultra", "skinny Margarita" "Lambrusco wine" oin my journal entries then most likely I have done this. Luckily I don't drink as much since starting MFP.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I never click it because it stresses me out for that reason. Days I log, I log everything. Sometimes I take a break.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't ever click it. There's really no point.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    never,,, and I do it at all lunchtime. I stick to my exercise and the food. I am DEDICATED!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have sometimes changed what I eat if I have added stuff in that would allow for a later snack but it's always within the same amount of calories. I have added or removed stuff after I've clicked it. But it's always a pretty accurate representation of the calories I eat.

I don't know why I "complete" my diary, it's like an OCD thing if I don't. I agree with others that it's pretty useless, except for my own weird brain.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nope. I don't play that game. I don't close it out until 7 or 8 pm. and dont eat until lunch the next day. If I even close it out at all.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sure now and then I have a bite of something after I finish. Not very often and I usually go back in and add the item. Sometimes I don't. I know what I ate and I am really only accountable to myself.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Don't hit that button anymore
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hit the complete the next morning, when I am eating breakfast. Sometimes I have some herbal tea or water and do not record it until the next day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have occasionally eaten after hitting the complete entry button. I still add the food to the log. Nothing stops you from doing that.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you hit complete, then eat more, you just go in and add it, then complete again. Why would I cheat myself?
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I get a report emailed from Fitbit every Sunday for the previous week. Keeping my food diary as honest as possible is major in getting an accurate weekly summary.
    The reports are awesome!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I rarely click it but when I have and then ate something else, it was only because I knew how many calories were remaining and I could still come in under goal. Sometimes I go ahead and log them, sometimes I don't.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Bukawww wrote: »
    I never press that button...ever.
    Same here. I don't see the point considering the entries are saved anyway.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for three years and still do it.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If I eat after I hit the button, I just go back and add whatever I ate and hit the button again, no big deal. You just got to realize your only cheating yourself out of valuable data to look back on and figure out how or why your weight changed that week. I'm sure I miss things like lickign the peanut butter knife or the random piece of chocolate a coworker gives me so I try to add a small 100-200 calorie cushion in everyday.
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    How many of you have hit the "Complete Entry" button on your app at the end of the day and then continued to eat? I will be the first to admit I have done it on a number of occasions. I am only deceiving myself and hurting myself. Perhaps I should not hit the button until I am in bed with my teeth brushed!

Nah. I don't know how easy it is to change on the phone but, if you add more after your initial entry, you can change it and set up a new entry. When I have a really bad day, I just don't do an entry at all. That's what I have to work on.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Anytime you see "Michelob Ultra", "skinny Margarita" "Lambrusco wine" oin my journal entries then most likely I have done this. Luckily I don't drink as much since starting MFP.

That's funny! I sometimes take a sleeping pill that makes me "sleep eat". Seriously, I've gotten out of bed, half asleep and ate. In the morning I see the "proof" in my office garbage can and go back and log it. Luckily it's only happened like twice.

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    For sure! I did that tonight lol. It happens that I finish what I intend to eat and someone brings out a bit of chocolate or some nuts at night, and I don't say no because I like those things! Or I get hungry and feel like I need to eat more in order to sleep comfortably. It's no big deal, but sometimes I then go over my calories and I need to delete the "and was under her calorie goal!" announcement because it's false. Also happened tonight, lol. But for a small bit of dark chocolate after a long day, I'm okay with it. :)