pear shape girls gym routine

Options
Whats ur gym workout?

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Same as any apple, column or hourglass shaped girl. Your bodyshape makes no difference on how you should work out.

Do some cardio (if you want), lift some heavy things. Move more. I run and do bodyweight workouts. The only issue I have with being pear shaped is finding proper sweat wicking running pants that bloody fit.
  • ruby1867221
    ruby1867221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cycling thoughts?
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bridges, various quats and abdominal crunches are the best routine. These will tone your bottom section and shape up your butt. Read it will take 6 weeks to see results, but I saw results on week four doing them only three times a week.
    Bridges and squats help keep the below section toned and round, all sorts of crunches help giving that thinner waist.
    Then zumba and walking\running are good for fat loss.
    Keep up with your protein too. A scoop of protein every day is good enough.
    I'm pear shaped too.
  • ruby1867221
    Options
    Thankyou
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear and spinning and weight training are my favourite for toning the lower body.......
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too, so most of my fat sits in my thighs and butt. I do a lot of cardio to burn the fat. Elliptical, spinning, and jacob's ladder. I LOVE the ladder... if your gym has one, I would recommend that. It's difficult (well for me anyways lol) and works out your whole lower half.
  • ruby1867221
    Options
    Thankyou ! How many times do u recomend spinning to see results?and how do i balance that with going to the gym (i do gym *3 aweek)
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've been spinning twice a day. Totally depends on your body and how you feel. Don't overdo it. Start out small and slow and move your way up. I'm nowhere near being able to keep up with an intense spinning class, but I participate at my own pace and improve a bit each session. I spin at the gym so it's easy to fit it in. I would suggest a membership to a place with spinning available, if it truly interests you. I haven't been spinning long enough this time to SEE results, but I know my strength and cardiovascular health are improving a tiny bit each day.

A year or so ago, I took a college spinning class a few times a week and saw pretty good results by the end of the semester.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm as pear as they come. I swear I'm going to have a 6 pack before any fat comes off my butt and thighs. But I do the same workouts as any other girl. Lifting mostly, running and dancing.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike (on a good hill workout), lots of squats, lots of lunges, lots of bridges, more squats. I've had great results!
  • ruby1867221
    Options
    Thanks guys its intense but i love it
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I am (or was) a pear. I assume my gym routine is similar to any woman who wants to maintain lean body mass and get a bangin' body. Lifting heavy weights 3-4 days per week, compound lifts, progressive overload...squats, deadlifts, bench press, over head press, barbell rows and some isolation work.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hourglass or pear? Very similar
  • arditarose
    Options

Not THAT similar. As a pear I measured 34 (b), 29, 44. An hour glass figure with 44 inch hips would have a bigger chest measurement to create that hour glass shape.
  • ruby1867221
    Options
    Thanks do u mean like body pump classes?
    arditarose wrote: »

Not THAT similar. As a pear I measured 34 (b), 29, 44. An hour glass figure with 44 inch hips would have a bigger chest measurement to create that hour glass shape.

• Nicormy
    Nicormy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    pear shapes should use fat burning aerobic exercise to reduce excess fat on legs & hips , don't overdo lower half exercises because pear shapes find it easy to gain muscle on their bottom half making you even more out of proportion . you need to lift weights & try to gain muscle on your top half to balance your shape out
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Weight training totally changed how I felt about my body (formerly very-dissatisfied pear, now pretty much 90% happy with my lower body, and that 10% is probably more to do with me being a perfectionist than anything else).

I use a mix of kettlebells, dumbbells and barbells. You can find some good starter programs online, but you need to be consistent, eat to properly fuel yourself, and increase the weights little by little so you keep challenging yourself. Be careful about using the correct form (you can watch videos online or ask a trainer to help you get the basics).

I also took up running and swimming, which helped to create a calorie deficit so I lost weight, helping my legs look leaner and more shapely.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Nicormy wrote: »
    pear shapes should use fat burning aerobic exercise to reduce excess fat on legs & hips , don't overdo lower half exercises because pear shapes find it easy to gain muscle on their bottom half making you even more out of proportion . you need to lift weights & try to gain muscle on your top half to balance your shape out

No
  • arditarose
    Options
    Thanks do u mean like body pump classes?
    arditarose wrote: »

Did you mean to quote something else? This post only has to do with measurements. Body pump classes are fine, but not a substitute for a true heavy lifting routine with a progressive overload.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!