2.5 Months

Options
Hi everyone,

I need help. So in mid-December my friend is getting married. Of course like any other person, I would really like to look fit and nice. Over the summer I exercised add much as I could~running on the treadmill for 30 min via intensity workouts it already had. Then my dad bought a sauna/sweat suit. I tried this for about a month and truth be told I did see some results. School started so I'm back to being super busy but I'd like to lose a healthy15-25lbs by say 12/15. Should I redo the sweat suit workouts while controlling my food inake like before or is there something else I could do while in a demanding grad school? (and I do track my weight but I just done always put it in MFP)
Thanks!

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Set your MFP goal to lose 1 lb/week and track your calories. Should be able to lose 12-15 lbs, maybe 20. IMO, lose the sweat suit and pick up some weights.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Not enough information provided for anyone to advise you. What are your stats? One can't out exercise a bad diet. Weight loss begins and ends in the kitchen.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    Set your MFP goal to lose 1 lb/week and track your calories. Should be able to lose 12-15 lbs, maybe 20. IMO, lose the sweat suit and pick up some weights.

+1. And the sweatsuit/sauna only affects water weight, it doesn't help you lose the fat.
  • whiterose1417
    whiterose1417 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Liftng4Lis I weight about 155lbs, height is 5'3.5 female, 19yrs. I tend to have 3 fig newtons or yogurt or a slice of whole wheat toast w/ one laughing cow (triangle cheese). I normally don't have lunch but I'll do a natural banana, mango, strawberry smoothie with no sugar for lunch. Dinner is always protein (normally chicken or fish), with whatever vegetables we have (about a bowel or less) and if I'm still hungry I'll do a small homemade salad with 2tbsp light ranch
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    @Liftng4Lis I weight about 155lbs, height is 5'3.5 female, 19yrs. I tend to have 3 fig newtons or yogurt or a slice of whole wheat toast w/ one laughing cow (triangle cheese). I normally don't have lunch but I'll do a natural banana, mango, strawberry smoothie with no sugar for lunch. Dinner is always protein (normally chicken or fish), with whatever vegetables we have (about a bowel or less) and if I'm still hungry I'll do a small homemade salad with 2tbsp light ranch

What you eat doesn't matter, how much is whats important. YES, 1 pound a week is safe, BUT, in 10 weeks, I would only expect to lose 10 more pounds. Set MFP to lose a pound a week and eat at that. Remember, that will already have your deficit built in and you'll earn more through exercise. Try to up your protein a bit and don't be afraid to eat fats such as avocado and nuts, (they tend to keep you sated longer).
    You don't need a sweatsuit, it's a gimmick, so get that out of your head.