T25 workout

Options
Hi, I am starting the T25 workout with Shaun T on Monday, phase 1 Alpha for 30 days. If anyone wants to join me, message and friend me on here!

Replies

• Shoad2
    Shoad2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there i start week 2 of alpha T25, just added you as friend
  • ScorpionZen
    ScorpionZen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just started this too and I wanted to find a group online so we could support each other along the way. I work in front of a computer and haven't exercised in years so I found the first session really tough...
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, I start week 2 today!
  • rhea_kanani
    rhea_kanani Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of alpha! Difficult, but I like it :)
  • jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started day 1 of Beta Phase.
  • Shoad2
    Shoad2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find it hard but i love that it doesnt take much time
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 yesterday. I love how quick it is and that I know I have worked out after doing it. Last time I did the entire series through Gamma and really saw a difference. I'm hoping to have the same experience this time around.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Is anyone interested in having a group for all of us that are doing it? I set one up for my last round and I could set another one up for this time.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Have fun, T25 is a pretty damn good workout.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've done it and really like it but switched up my exercise routine. I'll probably start back during the winter months. The routines really does make the time by fast. When I start getting tired we're almost done.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in being in a group!!! I am on Alpha W2D5 (as of tomorrow). I'm loving T25 so far!
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting tomorrow. Would love to join in!
  • obrienpen
    obrienpen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started T25 on the 5th. I just finished P90X3 and I am finding this to be a good challenge! Dang it, I thought that I was in shape! I would welcome some friends that are also doing the T25 series and would be very interested in a group.
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Question for those who have started - do you substitute other workouts for ones you don't necessarily want to do? For example, looking at the Speed 1.0, it looks more like a kickboxing-type program. I tried the kempo video from P90X in the past and struggled hard with the coordination (yes I'm clumsy). Also I just didn't enjoy it. I'll suck it up and do it if I have to, but I'm curious to see if any of you do hybrid versions of this program.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    jumpybeans wrote: »
    Question for those who have started - do you substitute other workouts for ones you don't necessarily want to do? For example, looking at the Speed 1.0, it looks more like a kickboxing-type program. I tried the kempo video from P90X in the past and struggled hard with the coordination (yes I'm clumsy). Also I just didn't enjoy it. I'll suck it up and do it if I have to, but I'm curious to see if any of you do hybrid versions of this program.

I always recommend you follow the program accurately the first run through. If you complete it and want to go through again using a hybrid schedule that's fine. But it's designed a certain way for a reason. Speed 1.0 is not kickboxing, it alternates between cardio and stretching and then finishes up with a 9 minute burnout. It's actually a really good video, one of my favorites in the series. It's nothing like Kempo from P90X at all. But yea alot of the movements in T25 take some time to get used to. I can't dance for crap and have no rhythm either, but eventually with practice you get the moves down.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    obrienpen wrote: »
    Hi, I just started T25 on the 5th. I just finished P90X3 and I am finding this to be a good challenge! Dang it, I thought that I was in shape! I would welcome some friends that are also doing the T25 series and would be very interested in a group.

Just really different programs. P90X3 is light on cardio, and T25 Alpha phase is heavy on it. Once you get to Beta the program will be a little more balanced out with upper body and weights. The Alpha phase is designed to build up the core and lower body, it's actually an all out assault on the calves :s

• mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    jumpybeans wrote: »

If I absolutely hate one of the workouts or it injures me everytime, then yes I swap for something similar (ie: Upper body for upper body in another program...)
  • AlexandraWilliams19
    Options
    Just started week two of T25 :)
  • emma4uk77
    emma4uk77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Completed it when I first came out but I have been seriously slacking in the diet and exercise for months :(
  • Greenline30
    Greenline30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started this week. Tomorrow will be day 4. I mainly do the modifications because I'm so out of shape but even with that I am dripping sweat and breathless at the end. I go at my own pace but I intend to push myself as I get stronger