Feeling a tad deflated (Day 8)

Options
I honestly taught I done my best all week. Exercised 4 times, ate extremely healthy with the odd treats and I only lost a pound. I think I was expecting too much. Although I feel a lot healthier and my skin feels a lot smoother. I'm trying not to give up hope.

I'm getting a membership to the gym today and going to but Charlotte Crosys workout DVD so I can mix in different routines.

I've given myself until December to lose a stone but I think I'm being too hopeful

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Your profile shows you want to lose 7lb, I assume you are are already in the healthy weight range or close to a goal/milestone weight. When there isn't a lot of weight to lose, weight loss is typically lower, but you had a fantastic weight loss for you, it isn't ONLY a 1lb, you did great and you are 1lb closer to goal.

1lb per week is healthy and sustainable for you.

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows you want to lose 7lb, I assume you are are already in the healthy weight range or close to a goal/milestone weight. When there isn't a lot of weight to lose, weight loss is typically lower, but you had a fantastic weight loss for you, it isn't ONLY a 1lb, you did great and you are 1lb closer to goal.

1lb per week is healthy and sustainable for you.

Have to agree with this.
    Even if the scale doesn't reflect your feelings, you feel a lot better. That is the most important thing. Personal feeling (and how you look) trumps the number on the scale.

• ShaunaLouiseByrne1992
    Options
    Thanks a million guys :) had to tell myself I was just being silly. I'm signing up to the gym anyways and giving myself time to tone and lose weight. I don't want to rush into losing weight and then going back to square 1
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is 12lbs in 3 months.

You need to think a little more long term. 1lb a week is good.
  • AsISmile
    Options
    Thanks a million guys :) had to tell myself I was just being silly. I'm signing up to the gym anyways and giving myself time to tone and lose weight. I don't want to rush into losing weight and then going back to square 1

Toning isn't real. You can however lose weight and look fit and lean by doing strength exercises to maintain existing muscle mass.
    I personally love the gym so I hope you will enjoy it too!
  • ShaunaLouiseByrne1992
    Options
    I know, I'm just being silly. I think I expected too much and then felt deflated. I'm grand now. Scrubbed my room and made meals for the week :)
  • AsISmile
    Options
    I know, I'm just being silly. I think I expected too much and then felt deflated. I'm grand now. Scrubbed my room and made meals for the week :)

That's totally okay! We are here to support each other :)
    Glad you are feeling better!