Weekends are the hardest to stay on track!

Options
Does anybody know about freedom from emotional eating? During the week I'm good, but at the weekend I find it hard, especially being in an unhappy relationship and currently looking for work. Any advice would be grateful.

Replies

• tallmamaoftwo
    tallmamaoftwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also find weekends a lot more difficult than weekdays. I try my best to get my excercise in, that way I have some extra calorie room ... Also try not to have that tempting food in the house, saying no In the store once saves you saying no multiple times at home. I have also switched my weigh in days to Monday's to give myself extra pressure to stay on track.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    That's a good idea, thank you very much. Have a good day.
  • urrn4life
    urrn4life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree to some extent but I burn most calories at the weekend. I go to the gym and walk miles at the mall shopping
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I exercise more on weekends.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    All good advice thank you.
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go on pintrest and read motivational/will power quotes. Lol, I am desperate.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Yes I do, in as much as I read Wayne Dyer and some of his colleague's work which I find really beneficial if not life changing. I guess now monitoring what I eat and being aware of using food for the wrong reason is on the road to becoming a stronger person. Thank you kindly for your response Jennifer.
  • MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Argh I find weekends to be extremely difficult as well- I've ruined my diet and gone in binges so many times over weekends, I've lost count.

Are u havung cheat meals in your diet? Maybe you can have your cheat meal on the weekend to help keep you on track?

I also try to get more exercise in and this weekend I'm just aiming for maintainance rather than a calorie deficit- I think that's a more realostic goal for someone like me who really sttuggles with overeating during the weekends.

I also generally try to keep myself as busy as possible- doing anything to get mind off food.

Hope this helps, feel free to add! Xx
    M
  • Traci_duncan
    Traci_duncan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weekends are very hard for me. I have to plan what I eat ahead of time to stay in track. Also during the week is hard on me at work cause everybody is always doing fast food run for all the employees.

I am currently starting over & have a large amount of weight to loss so I have decide not to have a cheat day because at this moment I don't have much willpower but that is just me.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For me the weekends are harder because I have a lot more time; during the week, I'm at work "all day" and even though I can still make bad food choices (I work in a school, so there seems to always be some kind of unhealthy snack around for the adults) I also don't have the time to eat "whenever". And I have to plan in advance and bring food with me; on weekends, I can just "do it whenever" (most of the time) which leads to bad choices (not just in terms of eating bad food or not moving enough, but just not eating enough food through-out the day).

So weekends have to be planned, and I have to admit that I've not yet truly mastered that part yet - weeks are easier, because then I'm "stuck" in a schedule, and have to adapt around it. But because my work is so active and draining (I work as an assistant to two students with special needs) on weekends I kind of want to do nothing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, run errands.

And just break up (someone had to say it).
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    I must admit, traditionally in England people relax a bit more over the weekend with food etc, I guess it's the same the world over! I found when I was working I was strict about what I was eating and just relaxed with food at the weekend, but after moving back to the United Kingdom and looking for work I'm struggling to maintain my weight. I don't have much to lose, just need to keep it in check. But reading other people's responses it's obvious what to do, but sometimes we just need people telling us!!!! Thank you everybody.
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! For me the alcohol associated with weekends is the cal. killer. Then I lose my inhibitions and start reaching for the treats.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Ha ha ha, oh yep just like me last night!!!
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Actually, weekends should be like that really, otherwise life would be soooo much harder. I guess it's all maths really balance out the cals with exercise.
  • Madwhizzard
    Madwhizzard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Others have great suggestions. I like the planning and working out more.

What I do also is "treat" myself to visiting a specialty grocery store early on Saturday morning...over here we have Trader Joe's, and I love it. They open at 8am, so I get there and buy lots of delicious foods for the week, and splurge on things like stuffed salmon (spinach and feta or cous cous) as well as some seasoned vegetables or whatever, along with in-season fruits if they have them. So I have something I really look forward to making and eating for the weekend and the deliciousness can carry over into the week.

I have to keep myself excited about food, small amounts are ok but whatever I eat has to be wonderful or I will very quickly justify eating something I shouldn't simply because I'm bored with whatever it is I've been forcing myself to eat.

Gotta make it not feel like a diet. Each thing put into our bodies has to be worth it. That's how I see it, and so far this mental trick I'm pulling on myself has been working.