women's problems advice needed from Weight loss!!

Options
Hello, I'm really hoping for some help... I have lost a rapid amount of weight in such short space of time (5 stone in 6 months!) and have noticed irregular bleeding keeps happening. I want to know before I book to see my gp if this is normal in weight loss as I have read that it can happen, also because of diet and exercise changes. I seem to be spotting for at least 2 weeks out of 4, and again have read that slimming pills can do this. I'm hoping for some advice before going to my gp!! Thanks

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm really hoping for some help... I have lost a rapid amount of weight in such short space of time (5 stone in 6 months!) and have noticed irregular bleeding keeps happening. I want to know before I book to see my gp if this is normal in weight loss as I have read that it can happen, also because of diet and exercise changes. I seem to be spotting for at least 2 weeks out of 4, and again have read that slimming pills can do this. I'm hoping for some advice before going to my gp!! Thanks

It can be caused by malnutrition, exercise changes, lifestyle changes, hormone imbalance....go to your doc. They're the only ones that can give you good advice.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    It can be caused by malnutrition, exercise changes, lifestyle changes, hormone imbalance....go to your doc. They're the only ones that can give you good advice.

+1
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah, go to your doctor. I'd also say unless you were prescribed "slimming pills" by said doctor that you cease taking them as they can really mess you up.
  • xxdebbiexx1984
    xxdebbiexx1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all... Was sort of hoping there may have been someone medically trained who could help. The slimming pills are made from natural ingredients, but will call my gp tomorrow. Thanks :-)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Thank you all... Was sort of hoping there may have been someone medically trained who could help. The slimming pills are made from natural ingredients, but will call my gp tomorrow. Thanks :-)

I took slimming pills that were also all natural, I'm not allergic to anything yet I came out in a horrific rash from them!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I had this too.

I lost around 25 lbs in 4 and a half months - I did this safely and sensibly but I too noticed irregular bleeding.
    Rapid weight loss can affect periods - but then SO MANY factors can too. I didn't see the doctor because it turned out mine was birth control related however I was convinced it was due to my weight-loss at first. I'd definitely suggest speaking to your doctor, just to rule out any other reasons. Chances are, this is totally normal.
  • xxdebbiexx1984
    xxdebbiexx1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I also had the implant last year and haven't been having proper periods since then. Hopefully I'll be told it's normal. And well done for your weight loss :-)