Can't lose weight

Options
I'm under my calorie goal everyday but I cant seem to lose any weight I'm also way to busy to workout and am just getting my exercise from walking to and from school and my job where I am on my feet for 7hrs please help because I'm really losing motivation when I'm not seeing any progress

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?

~Lyssa
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ayanna8972 wrote: »
    I'm under my calorie goal everyday but I cant seem to lose any weight I'm also way to busy to workout and am just getting my exercise from walking to and from school and my job where I am on my feet for 7hrs please help because I'm really losing motivation when I'm not seeing any progress

If you open your food diary, people can be more helpful. Also, if you could post you statistics: age, weight, height. Do you use a food scale to weight any solid foods? This can make a big difference.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yep. We need more info before we can help you.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight? It can take several weeks before you see real results.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to provide more info for people to help you. My first thought is, you may be eating more than you think. But it's impossible to know without more information.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale?

and
    debubbie wrote: »
    Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight?

and
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If you open your food diary, people can be more helpful. Also, if you could post you statistics: age, weight, height. Do you use a food scale to weight any solid foods? This can make a big difference.

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you are ready to give up before you even started.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Love this flow chart.
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ayanna8972 wrote: »

Are you eating back 100% of the calories you earn from exercise? Many consider the burns to be inflated so suggest not eating back more than 50% of your exercise calories.

Do use a digital food scale to weigh your food. Studies consistently show that the vast majority of people underestimate how much they are eating.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary or sharing more details about your routine might help to get you more specific advice, if you're comfortable doing so.

These are my general tips. Maybe something will help you out.

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.