Has anyone used the Rise app?

Options
I just signed up for the Rise app because after talking with my doctor, showing her my food diaries, running through a bunch of tests, etc., we are both confused about precisely why my weight loss is at such a standstill.

Has anyone used this app yet? It seems really promising for providing the extra accountability that I need and an additional eye to see where I may be going wrong...

(For those who don't know, for about $2 a day you are paired with a registered dietitian who reviews your photo food diary and provides feedback daily.)

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Sounds like wasted money to me. A little bit of research and some self education can save a lot of money.
  • julieshul
    julieshul Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Very much with context and goals.

And yes, I am extremely well-educated on nutrition, but the main thing for me is having a person (other than myself) to whom I am directly accountable each and every meal.
  • Jdominika414
    Jdominika414 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    julieshul wrote: »
    Oh no. Very much with context and goals.

And yes, I am extremely well-educated on nutrition, but the main thing for me is having a person (other than myself) to whom I am directly accountable each and every meal.

Hi there. I've been using the Rise app for approximately 7-8 weeks and have lost 13 lbs. It has been such a great app for me. I love that I have an experienced RD available to me to review my food choices every day and provide suggestions in a non-judgmental and educational way. I knew the basics of nutrition, but it didn't come together for me until I started working with my nutritionist through this app.

I'm sure it's not for everyone and there are people that are better at just figuring it out on their own, but having to be accountable to someone else is now starting to make me be more accountable to myself. I anticipate I'll use it for just a couple more months, as I'm really starting to form some great habits.

Did you ever sign up?