Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5"6 - 5"7 girls: weight & pant sizes

13»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    It is funny how different our body types are. I have hips and a butt, even when I was rail thin as a teenager, which incidentally is the last time I was a size 4. I am 5'7" and when I was a size 4 I was 120 pounds and waaaay too skinny for my body type.
  • wendy1993
    wendy1993 Posts: 2
    I'm 5"6-5"7, depending who measures me :tongue: When I weighed 135 I was in a size 6/7 in juniors. That is my goal, to fit into those size 6 juniors again!! I have no idea what size pants I wear in womens pants, when I try them on even if I try a smaller size they scrunch up in the front AB/crotch area and look funny, so I only buy pants in the juniors department. I have a butt and hips, but a flat tummy even when I gain weight it goes sideways not forward in the belly area.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    I'm 5'7" and weight about 157 and wear a 6, occasionally an 8 - i have big legs! ugh those european designers do not do vanity sizing haha

I was wondering same thing myself about size 4 - thinking at 145, i would be safe in a 4
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    In high school I was a size 5 at 120, but I was 5'8.. After my first child I was 125 and could fit in a 5/6 or 7 depending on brand. Ann Taylor or New York Co I was able to fit comfortable in a size 3! I think it depends on brand. Right now at 164 and 5'7 (yes I have lost an inch in height!!!) I wear 10s and can fit in 9.
    Also I do think it depends on a persons build and body shape.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 5'6.5" and 153 lbs. I wear anything from an 8-10 and 30"-32" in jeans, depending on where they hit at the waist.

I have wider hips though, so like an earlier poster said, even if I lost 100 lbs, I don't think I would ever be a size 2 or 4. I just don't have the body type.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    i'm 5'7" and about 136#... i wear a size 2/26 in womens or 3 in juniors.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    I think it really depends more on your body type, rather than weight. Someone previously posted that they were 5'8" and at one point weighed 140lbs., and said they were in a size 6. I am 5'8", and used to weigh about 140lbs., and couldn't get much smaller than a size 10....maybe an 8 at a "feel good" store.

I totally agree with this. I am 5'6" and the smallest I have worn is a 10 at 130 lbs. Even when I was in high school and weighed 118 (super skinny), I wore a 32" waist in men's pants. It's all in how you're built. I'm 172 now and am wearing a loose 14.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    It's going to depend on the brand, the particular cut/style, and your body type. I'm 5'6", around 133 lb, and wear a 0, 2, or 4, depending on the brand/style.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I'm 5ft 6. I have been weighing around 150-153 and wear a size six...but in designer jeans a size 29. I'm very muscle heavy so I weight a bit more than maybe someone else my size? :-)
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    I'm 5, 6 and a half. I was 125 pounds once, size four jeans AND 10 pounds underweight. It was from being sick, not being healthy.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    I'm 5'5" and weigh around 136. I agree that various brands fit different but I would say that I'm comfortable in a size 6 dress pant and I just bought some shorts from Landsend that were a size 4 (and are a little loose). :noway:
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    I think the answers have given you the answer,lol. it all depends on the person and the pants. I am 5'2" currently 157lbs and wear a size 8 but when I am lifting and down to 143 I wear a 4 and some jrs. 5's. When I weighed 135 and wasnt lifting i was a 4. my best friend is 5'2" and built completely different from me, at 142 she wears an 8, period. We went shopping together at Target and I grabbed some jeans that were marked 4, they were huge on me. She tried them and they were perfect. We went to Steve and Barry's next and I bought some 4's and she had to buy a 10. so in one store she was a 4 and in another a 10. I imagine to get the 4 jeans from target to fit me i would have needed a 2 or even a 0 and I am not a 2 or a 0.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    check out my mybodygallery.com it's exactly what you want

wooo hoo! i put my pic in there! thanx 4 the url.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    I'm 150 and a size 8 so I'm thinking 130. I was a size 6 at 145.
  • Im 5'7" and 125 pounds and I wear anywhere from a size 5-9 depending on the brand due to having hips. I would love to get comfortably into a 4 again. So I think maybe 120 pounds will do it.
  • Awesome topic! I'm 5'7 and when I was around 180 pounds I was a size 9.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    I'm 5'5", and at 145 lb & 22% body fat, I was wearing a US size 4, Canadian size 6-8 depending on the brand. Now that my lean muscle mass isn't as high (until I start weight training again, that is), I'll probably need to be lower than that.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    I am 5'7" and currently weight 170. I am wearing a size 10. My lowest weight was 140 or so and even then I was still in a size 7/8. I think it depends on body type. I don't think I would ever fit into a size 4/5.
  • dbala08
    dbala08 Posts: 2
    I truly feel as if im wearing the wrong size! I normally buy size 4 they fit i suppose.. But i always end up having a muffin top... Im working on losing more weight right now i am 5'3 and weigh 140. Any suggestions?