training different body parts everyday

Options
Guys any idea how to train different body parts everyday..i dont want to bulk...but just want to preserve the mucles..

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the same question as the thread you started yesterday about a 5-day split? community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10263472/creating-a-5-day-spplit#latest
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes because i m not getting any preferable answers..

This is the answer to your question. If you are just looking for validation of what you want to do, then have at it.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Do a lot of super setting. Pick five or six exercises for each body part and do them all at once with no break. So for example do 10 to 15 reps of bicep curls, then immediately say shoulder press, then squats, etc. Do about 5 to seven sets of that. I use to superset at the gym all the time when I was looking for a change to my regular routine.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Yes because i m not getting any preferable answers..

If you didn't like the answers you were given, why don't you just go with your original plan and see what happens?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Tell us what answer you like and we will parrot it back to you.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I think oilphins genuinely wants to help..rest all r here to make fun....
    I said how to train different body parts everyday..for example if i m doing bicep on monday...is it fine if i do tricep on tuesday back on wednesday and shlulders on thursday and chest on friday

How was my answer making fun? Try your plan and see if it works for you. That's a real answer!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think you're a troll. You had at least two threads deleted last week because you (supposedly) wanted to eat 800 calories per day. Then you had yesterday's thread, in which you claimed your weight to be 62 (I'm assuming kg, as was discussed on your first 800 cal thread last week.) Today your profile reads that you have 132 pounds to lose. You also claimed yesterday to be "quite experienced" with lifting and yet come up with a 5 day split for fat loss (?) that combines chest and back to make time for separate tricep and bicep days. That's a very odd split.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    if you just want to maintain then I see no reason to do something every day. Just do whole body once a week, or push/pull/legs split three times a week.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just remember not to do the same body parts back to back. It takes 36 to 48 hours technically for your muscles to grow. If you doing say bi's and tri's on a Monday, make sure you don't do them again until Wednesday or Thursday. Same with whatever other body parts you choose to do on a particular day. So say chest and shoulders Tuesday, then don't do them again until Thursday or Friday, and so forth.
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You are making lifting way too complicated. If you are asking questions of this nature, and don't like the answers, don't ask the questions. I imagine you are fairly new to lifting, so working out everyday (lifting) is not preferable. Hit each muscle twice a week, but don't increase the weight, and you shouldn't get bigger. Or, focus on bodyweight exercises...
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    oilphins wrote: »
    Do a lot of super setting. Pick five or six exercises for each body part and do them all at once with no break. So for example do 10 to 15 reps of bicep curls, then immediately say shoulder press, then squats, etc. Do about 5 to seven sets of that. I use to superset at the gym all the time when I was looking for a change to my regular routine.
    That's not super-setting. That's a full body circuit.

I think the OP is asking about single body part training. Here's my typical split:

Chest
    Back
    Arms
    Shoulders
    Legs

Some days I combine chest and back if I'm not going too heavy.

That said, if you're just looking to maintain and not hypertrophy or strength gains, I think a full body or two-day split (upper/lower or push/pull) will do just fine.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do.

Mon - Chest/Tri (High weights, low reps)
    Tues - Back/Bi (Low weights, high reps)
    Wed - Legs (High weights, low reps)
    Thur - Arms/Shoulders (Supersets)
    Fri - Chest (Low weights, high reps)
    Sat - Back (High weights, low reps)
    Sun - Legs (Low weights, high reps)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yes i liked this one...
    can i do like this

mon- chest and back
    tuesday-triceps
    wednesday-biceps
    thursday-shoulders
    friday-legs
    You *can* do anything you want. Whether or not it makes sense is another question entirely.

When you work chest and back, you're also working biceps, triceps and shoulders. When you work triceps the next day, you're also working the chest and shoulders. When you work biceps the next day, you're also working the back and shoulders. When you work shoulders the next day, you're also working the triceps and/or biceps and maybe the chest (depending on what movements you're doing). No problem if you're just swinging little pink dumbbells around in the gym, since you're not accomplishing anything that way anyhow, but if you're seriously working out you're not allowing any recovery time for the muscle groups - you're hitting them over and over on successive days.

Five-day splits are usually advanced routines for bodybuilders who are doing a lot of volume/intensity and need the splits to keep the length of their workouts down. Even so, no advanced lifter/bodybuilder would contemplate a split like you're proposing, it makes absolutely no sense. You may want to visit some weight training sites and read up on different splits, there are much more sensible ways to do it than how you're proposing.