LAZY!

Options
Its pretty embarrising but I'll admit that I'm LAZY. I could easily spend my whole day in bed. I just feel like I never have any energy to do anything but lay there and I get headaches when I'm up for more than a few hours. Anybody know anything I can do to stop being so tired all the time? Its frustrating! I have recently started taking B1 vitamins and it has helped a bit but I'm still sleeping all the time. Please dont be harsh!

Replies

• mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a balanced diet everyday? I know I have WAY more energy and feel much better when I get plenty of protein and eat right. Also, plenty of water and not much of any other drink. This has always helped me... :-)
  • jpierce8806
    Options
    try taking some vitamin C and eating some fresh fruits....anything with ginsing as well it helps with energy :) HOpe this helps :)
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Unfortunately, you have to move more to have more energy. I know from experience, trust me. Waiting until you have more energy to get up and move more is like waiting for your paycheck before you go to your first day of work. :sad:
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would also consider myself lazy--I would prefer to lay around and read a good book. Since I started MFP, I've been walking about 3 times a week. I'm a teacher & have been trying to walk at least 30 mins/day since we started summer break. I've noticed that I seem to have more energy since I've started walking. Don't be too hard on yourself--you've made the choice to change & that is a HUGE step. Keep trying & good luck
  • kunfused
    kunfused Posts: 13
    Options
    When I start feeling like that I make myself move. Even in bed. Bicycle my legs, sit up and twist back and forth, anything to get it started. The more I move the easier it is. I keep one leg bouncing when I sit down. Any movement is better than none. Do you think you might be depressed or do you just really like your bed?
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    I have "chronic fatigue", I hate that term. Basically just the drs telling me that they don't know and there is nothing they can do. Headaches is also a problem for me.
    I changed my diet, slowly, I didn't have the willpower to do it all at once. Cut out most of the sugar and fast food. Started an excersize routine, also slowly, my head hurt and I was tired before I excersized so after I felt completly wiped out.
    Now, a year and a half later, I still have headaches and feel tired a lot, but I have learned to overcome them. And all those things I never thought I could do a year ago are suddenly doable. And I don't even know when that change happnened. I just looked around one day and realized I could.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your Doctor?? Maybe there's something medical that could be causing your fatigue??

Most Doctors want the best for their patients - hopefully yours is the encouraging type vs the critical type. I switched Doctors once, when I felt he wasn't interested in helping me, but to make money. The one I have now is super encouraging and has helped me stay motivated enough to lose a significant amount of weight!

Start off with small steps - weight loss can't be accomplished overnight! Maybe walk around your neighborhood or rent one of those DVD's that are for walking in your own home. I have several "walk fit" dvds that are geared for people just getting started.

If there's anything I can do to encourage you - let me know!!

Wishing you luck!!
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    Thanks yall! I have noticed like yall said that once I start moving I have more energy its just getting started doing something thats the problem. I really do like my bed. lol! jpierce8806 You said to eat fruits..thats one of my worst problems. I like the taste but the texture of fruits makes me want to throw up. Would it work if I drank fruit juice instead? Thanks for the support yall! Its my first day on here and I love it already! :)
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    if I could make a suggestion try exercising right away in the morning and keep it up for the long haul slowly the amount of energy you have increases. also eat healthy foods and skip all junk . The nutrients in the good foods will help energize you. Lots of veg fruits nuts are really good especially pistachios along with non fat proteins, chicken breast turkey lean pork and beef along with legumes!!! good luck and welcome to the fold!!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    are you lovin carbs....I used to get so sleepy from carbs and sorry if too much info I also noticed I got yeast infections when I ate a steady diet of cereal and milk.

I guess every body reacts differently to food so maybe you need something to give you a jolt.

Citrus fruits, fesh veggies, protein and a few short bursts of exercise a day until you can handle more?
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    get up and do something!! that always makes me feel better! And eat fewer carbs.. carbs make me feel heavy, and yucky... especially during summer months.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    . Would it work if I drank fruit juice instead? Thanks for the support yall! Its my first day on here and I love it already! :)
    \
    put them in a protein shake don't drink your fruits and veg it is like having a straight shot of sugar that your body doesn't have to work at all to process and the sugars just pour into your bloodstream leaving you to crash later
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Healthy eating and exercise and I take B12 vitamins for energy and they work....I used to be a couch potato also,,but taking B12 I have to move all the time...
    Good luck to you,,,,you can do it....Get up and get going and it will start being easier for you..
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    First things first, you should get your thyroid checked. Secondly, it is so true that laziness begets fatigue and movement begets energy! I notice that the more I sleep or the more I just lay around, the sleepier I get. The more active I am, the more energy I have. So if you have to force yourself to do more each day, try to make it little things that get you in the habit of being a more active person in general. For instance, I used to take the car to pick my daughter up from school, but now I walk there. It's 10-15 minutes and it just makes me more active in general. I make more choices that make me move more, whether it be parking farther away in the parking lot or doing more housework, etc., I find that the days I do that, I'm much happier.

Lastly, your diet is HUGE when it comes to energy. I've cut way down on my white breads and rice, and replaced them with whole grains and more fruits and veggies for carbs. I discovered that when I was eating white bread and white rice, I would crash HARD an hour later, and be super sleepy. I don't know if I'm just more sensitive to it, but I found when I switched to whole grains and more fruits/veggies, I didn't get those energy crashes.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i tend to agree, the only way to make it any better is to get up consistently and make the effort. if you set yourself a mini goal. like getting up in the morning and going for a 30 minute walk every day for 10 days (including weekends). or whatever exercise you prefer. once you get into the habit, it will get easier, i found i had to push myself to do that to start with, and make myself do it every morning, now, 6 months down the track, i crave the exercise. i turn to exercise when life is tough, and i turn to exercise when i'm stressed, annoyed etc.

the effort at the start is mammoth, but once you get going, it's just as addictive as eating and sleeping.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i tend to agree, the only way to make it any better is to get up consistently and make the effort. if you set yourself a mini goal. like getting up in the morning and going for a 30 minute walk every day for 10 days (including weekends). or whatever exercise you prefer. once you get into the habit, it will get easier, i found i had to push myself to do that to start with, and make myself do it every morning, now, 6 months down the track, i crave the exercise. i turn to exercise when life is tough, and i turn to exercise when i'm stressed, annoyed etc.

the effort at the start is mammoth, but once you get going, it's just as addictive as eating and sleeping.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Reduce or eliminate carbs and get walking. It is what got me started!
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    are you lovin carbs....I used to get so sleepy from carbs and sorry if too much info I also noticed I got yeast infections when I ate a steady diet of cereal and milk.

I guess every body reacts differently to food so maybe you need something to give you a jolt.

Citrus fruits, fesh veggies, protein and a few short bursts of exercise a day until you can handle more?

Im addicted to milk and cereal and I keep yeast infections too!! Glad I finally know what could be causing it!
    Thanks for the help yall! Ahh Im not a morning person and it takes everything I have to get up ( I usually just keep resetting my alarm untill I end up sleeping all day ) but I will try to start making myself get up in the mornings. Thanks for all the help!
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    . Would it work if I drank fruit juice instead? Thanks for the support yall! Its my first day on here and I love it already! :)
    \
    put them in a protein shake don't drink your fruits and veg it is like having a straight shot of sugar that your body doesn't have to work at all to process and the sugars just pour into your bloodstream leaving you to crash later
    So drink a protein shake instead of fruit juices? Sorry I'm slow. :P
  • crdcrz
    crdcrz Posts: 3
    Options
    I have MANY days where I can and sometimes do just plop on the couch and watch TV or play on the computer. Like you, I find it difficult to get up and moving..honsetly, sometimes it's just plain torture. However, I also know that once I make myself get up and do extra activities for a few days in a row, it's not so hard to keep doing them...then you can increase your time, switch up activities, etc. and you'll be feeling re-energized and if you are like me good about yourself! Much luck to you! :smile: