Any older women out there??

Options
2»

Replies

• judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi , i'm 64 and have found this site to be really helpful...I had a hysterectomy about 20 years ago and find it very difficult to lost but this time!!!!!!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am 50, and I have been on MFP since 3/31/11. I have lost about 16 pounds so far, and although losing weight is definitely not as easy for me as it was in my 20's or 30's, I find with perserverence it does come off. I have the "added" problem of having MS along with being older--so it makes execising a challege in many areas. But then, I just have to get creative in what I can or cannot do! Keep the faith, and stay the course and you will be successful. Feel free to " friend" me if you'd like. Good luck in your fitness quest!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I will be 57 next month and I too would love to look like my Daughter who is 30 year old today. I have lost 11 pounds but have not been able to loose any more this last week. I will not give up until I reach my goal . I think it will just take us a little longer than other to loose but we CAN do it!

WOO HOO TO MY CUZ CALLIE!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome.,I'm 55 woman who didn't know what it was to diet.....but in the last 10 years put on 50lbs....found MFP back in aug2010 used it til the end of dec2010 lost about 17lbs...unfortunately stop using the site and i just returned in may i love this site ...tracking the foods and exercise is great ...i recently started reading the message boards and they are wonderful and full of information...good luck
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm 57 and I'm struggling too. It is hard to lose weight at any age, but it does seem to be harder the older I get. This website seems to be much more supportive than anything I've found previously. I feel confident that with help from this wonderfully supportive people on this site, and with my own efforts, the weight will come off; I will be healthier.
    :heart:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I`m 55.Seems at times I`m loosing the same 10 lbs.
    Good luck
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • nmw1
    nmw1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too am 57. Although I had a gastric bypassa few years ago...I do low carb to keep the weight off and to avoid heart attack and strokes which has greatly diminished thanks to low carb lifestyle and as I am prone to those problems genetically. My heart is as strong as it has ever been and platelet count is now in safe category as well as my arteries etc are quite clean now. Whoo hoo!
    I would love to lose another 20# but then as we get older I know holding onto an extra few pounds is supposed to be a good thing to do.
    I am also now post menopausal. No periods for about 4years...whoo hoo!...but the hot flashes will continue for many years to come if I am like the rest of my female family members. Oh joy! LOL. I did have horrible panic attacks sometimes with some of my hotflashes and I just went on effexor and it works wonderfully. No more "end of the world" feelings just before a hot flash hits. The sweating is still there but no more panickiness. I was put on lowest dose of effexor and I only use 1/2 of that. It's enough for now.
    Amazing as I am also ADHD all my life and with the effexor I know what life is like at normal speed now. Wish I had done this years ago. LOL
    Good seeing everyone on this subject. Keep in touch ya'll