Discouraged but trying to get back on track

Options
I keep losing and gaining back the same 10 pounds this year! I can't seem to stay on track! I knew all year that I had a Gala and work trip to Mexico coming up in November and now they are only 40 and 53 days away and I am at my highest weight of 2015. I was so determined at the beginning of this year to be at my lowest before November and now I am out of time. I've been sidelined with multiple flus/colds as well as a neck injury (now healed) and shoulder injury (still going to physio so my options are limited). I'm tired of only walking and doing the elliptical. I want to go back to Body Combat and my circuit training!

I love food. I eat when I am celebrating, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm stressed. I am so tired of struggling with my weight. I had great success over the past few years when I had a gym/running buddy but one moved away and the other is pregnant so I'm on my own with no support and failing miserably. Not sure how to make this time different so I can once and for all stay on track, lose the weight and keep it off. Any suggestions/advice/support would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss of what to do!

Replies

• Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's just a moment in time. You WILL do this. It just may take longer than you planned. Keep moving forward!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Don't Quit,

Make sure you eat enough. Learn what your intake should be and work on a deficit.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    Don't Quit,

Log your food, (even the over days) and work at hitting your macros.
    Don't Quit,

Drink more water.
    Don't quit,

Exercise,
    Over time, there will be changes. Most importantly...........Don't Quit!!

You are capable of taking care of your body in a healthy and fit way.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    In response to this: "Not sure how to make this time different so I can once and for all stay on track, lose the weight and keep it off." I'd say losing your gym buddies may be a blessing in disguise. Yes, it's nice to have people to go with and motivate each other, but you can't rely on them. You have to do it on your own whether anyone else around you does it or not. So try to get back into your workout routine as best you can, but you don't need to exercise to lose weight.

Secondly, food is yummy, but changing your mindset from celebrating with food to celebrating with other things (people, places, experiences) and eating the foods you enjoy in smaller quantities may help.