KETO friendly dessert/snack recipes

Options
subeedoobie
subeedoobie Posts: 2 Member
Hello! I'm a pastry chef myself, and the hardest part about being on a KETO diet has been letting go of all my sweet indiscretions. I was wondering if anyone has tried&tested recipes for Keto-friendly desserts, using stevia as a sweetener and making sure it is low carb, and higher on fat & protein. Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Mmm.....almond butter, coconut butter, and kerry gold butter....can't remember exact proportions but melt together add a little stevia, pour into ice cube trays and freeze....to die for fat-bombs!!!
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried a lot of baking yet. So I can't say much. There are a lot of Almond and Coconut flour recipes out there for various things. I see a lot fly by on the LCHF facebook group. I also see a lot posted on Pinterest.

I know there are various pancakes and cakes you can do. I did try a coconut flour based pancake that week that was too dense for my liking, but it really wan't a bad thing. I could see with some adjustments it could work. I need to learn to work with these alternative 'flours' myself too for those occasional treats.

I did try a fat bomb a while back. A chocolate and coconut oil one. I just melted about a half cup of coconut oil, a half cup of salted butter, blended in some dutch cocoa about a Tablespoon or two if I remember right...and sweetened with liquid stevia till I liked it well enough. Then I froze in a little tray I used to keep around for making chocolate candies. Once they hardened I keep in the freezer in a baggie. If I got desperate for something chocolaty sweet, I ate one. Admittedly I don't often eat them, but once in a while I do.

I have taken a liking to chocolate carb smart ice cream. But I have to keep the portion small and it is a 'sometimes' treat. LOL
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really simple, but it's actually pretty yummy. You take a block of cream cheese, cut it into squares, and then roll each little square in sugar free jello. It's surprisingly delicious and takes almost no time to make. It's kind of a tart, cheesecakey taste. Strawberry is my favorite. :smiley:
  • manyasolos
    manyasolos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make lots of them. Major sweet tooth. My favorite is a keto-cheesecake. Make a usual cheesecake but use stevia extract in place of sugar. Be sure to use full fat everything! For a crust, you can either go without and make in a springform pan in a water bath, or make a crust using a combination of almond flour, ground pecans, and melted butter. Bake the crust until firm (375 degrees, about 10 mins) let cool and then add the filling.
    Also have a great recipe for strawberry, raspberry and chocolate mousses if you would like, let me know.