Victim of Bullying (Before and After Pictures)

Options
sweetsmile_lee
sweetsmile_lee Posts: 24 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
Too many hurtful bullies that l've suffered since when l was a kid. They called me fat pig, whale, elephant, barney, sumo wrestler plus the verbal abuse/insults from one of my ex-boyfriends; whose a cheater. He'd always make fun of me and embarrassed me in front of other people. I won't forget when one time he cursed me, that l no longer find a serious guy to love and accept me because of my weight issue.

Other than that, l had a PCOS and back problems way back in my college days. My doctor advised me to lose weight. So l enrolled the gym and took those miracle diet pills. But it didn't help me maybe because l wasn't really serious that time.

After graduating college, l had a hard time in getting a job due to my weight problem. I was rejected four times and l really got offended. Weight and height matters to them, that it should be proportional. There came a point that l was debating with the interviewer, that l am not applying for a beauty pageant!

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you experienced that kind of abuse, for so long. It's a tremendous credit to you that you were able to fight your way past the hurt that must have caused to make improvements to your life and health.

You look amazing :)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great change! You look so much happier in your "after" photos!
  • CarobChip108
    CarobChip108 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nice! What kind of things did you do to lose the weight?
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great:) I agree that weight prejudice exists. It sucks but it does. You got past it and you're an inspiration!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    You look great. Super job
  • sweetsmile_lee
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am new here, just joined the app 5 days ago. I wonder why my post was incomplete after posting my story. Lol

Anyways here is the continuation...

Instead of feeling self-pity, l've accepted that as a challenge and got decided to go back to the gym. I was 240 lbs then and for the first 6 months straight, l have lost 40 lbs without eating rice and sweets. I couldn't afford to hire my own Personal Trainer. So what l did, l just kept an eye to those who has their own PT's and secretly perform their exercise programs the following day. And believe me, it works! Lol l am now down to size 30 jeans from size 44 and l look forward to lose 30 more lbs before the year ends. Btw, my cheater ex-boyfriend after seeing my transformation pictures on my Facebook page, he asked me to be his girlfriend again. I remember l replied, WHO ARE YOU? LOL
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You were pretty before, but you are beautiful now! You look lovely, and don't give the terms another thought!
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow! You showed the bullies! You look amazing and congrats on your loss so far. You have a great smile and you can see the happiness. Good job :)
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry so to hear you were subjected to so much abuse. You look so happy now and are truly beautiful!
  • FitChick_40
    FitChick_40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! Well done!
  • sweetsmile_lee
    Options
    Bullying hurts inside and out, but l survived! But thank you to those who bullied me, because it get me motivated to lose weight. Look at me now!

tqnggtabk76b.jpg

• sweetsmile_lee
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely comments! This really gives me inspiration to continue my weight loss journey. Love and blessings to you all! :)

crabx42q9ybx.jpg

afbvyfu06d0l.jpg

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You are lovely. Words of bullies can cut like a knife. It's a crime that people think it's acceptable to speak to another human being this way.
    Congrats on your transformation and getting healthier, but you were beautiful in your "before " pictures as well.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look great. Just remember even if we lose weight there are always going to be that 1 person that still talks *kitten* but just ignore them. Do you and be happy. You look amazing though. :)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You were so beautiful before and just as beautiful now. You had to be strong when you had those hurtful comments thrown your way and I hope you're even stronger now! Those excuses for human beings are no longer worth your time or worries. Enjoy every moment your healthier life brings. ❤
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • sweetsmile_lee
    Options
    You look great. Just remember even if we lose weight there are always going to be that 1 person that still talks *kitten* but just ignore them. Do you and be happy. You look amazing though. :)

Hi there! :) Well, you are absolutely correct! And sadly to say l'm hearing those "mean words" from my relatives and some were used to be my friends. That my calves are still too big, and telling me that l really don't lose weight. But you know honestly, l also appreciate negative comments. Because it energizes me to move forward and focus my healthy lifestyle. Anyway, many thanks to you! :blush:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    this is what winners do. you are a winner! well done! :)
  • sweetsmile_lee
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    this is what winners do. you are a winner! well done! :)

Thank you, l appreciate it! :)
  • sweetsmile_lee
    Options
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    You were so beautiful before and just as beautiful now. You had to be strong when you had those hurtful comments thrown your way and I hope you're even stronger now! Those excuses for human beings are no longer worth your time or worries. Enjoy every moment your healthier life brings. ❤

Awwww... so sweet of you! <3 Thank you so much! Xoxo :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!